• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So here it is...

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
I promised a few guys at the Pewaukee cookout that I'd be doing this and I'm sorry it took so long. I've been really busy at work due to some recent legislation and haven't had much time to do more than cruse this site a few minutes each morning. As the title states, here it is...

I am outing myself as an employee of Shooters in West Allis. I'm the big guy with the goatee and I've worked there for about 2 years now. I've been fairly quite about it in the past due to a store policy I did not wholly agree and not wanting to deal with the flak I'd get for it. But since that policy has been changed I'm outing myself. I posted it before in the "stores who infringe" thread but here it is again. Shooters now welcomes Open Carry and Concealed Carry (CC with permit).

So, there it is. It doesn't look like we're in a school zone but we are close so please be careful. Also, for those who don't know that stretch of 84th (between Lincoln and Cleveland) is a speed trap.

I don't (and never have) expect and issues with the people from this site but please consider this. Many people have no common sense and are uneducated in the law, firearm safety, and carry etiquette. A day doesn't pass by when someone brings a gun into the store, uncased, in their hands, and sometimes loaded. I had one uneducated OCer pull his gun out out of his holster when I asked what kind of ammo he needed. I've had everything from grandma pulling a little .32 from her purse to an off-duty MPD cop flashing his gun before IDing himself as LEO. I have many other horror stories but I just wanted to give you a little bit of the viewpoint from guy behind the counter.

Anyway, I need to head off to bed. I look forward to seeing you guys in the future.

Archangel

I worked for The Shooter's Shop under the previous owner when I lived in Wisconsin. (worked there in the early 90's)

I can't tell you how many times we had idjits come in with loaded guns, criminals thinking they had passed the background check and coming in to get their guns.

kwarnimo

Glad to hear of the change. I'm actually in there semi-frequently & totally understand why you have to be careful with some of the clientele you have. I'd almost volunteer to work for free there just for the people watching!

Vandil

The last time I was in a gun store filling out paperwork an older grey bearded fellow walked up to the counter and pulled an old Colt hammerless .32 out of his front pocket.

"What can I get for this?"

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
The last time I was in a gun store filling out paperwork an older grey bearded fellow walked up to the counter and pulled an old Colt hammerless .32 out of his front pocket.

"What can I get for this?"

Did you say "Up to 9 months in jail and $10,000 fine?"

protias

Glad to see you finally posted this GlockMeister. Thanks for the double stack mag carrier! :D

Vandil

Did you say "Up to 9 months in jail and $10,000 fine?"

The clerk took care of passing along that info. I was just sort of amused by the entire thing.

His defense was that he'd put one of those little orange plastic plugs in the barrel.

Russf

I questioned you about that about 8 months ago you kind of beat around the bush about it. I said I seen you at open carry picnic and you said you didnt recall. I also argued the fact that the shooters was not OC friendly and I would avoid that place but now the change in policy will bring me back.....

Zeus

If firearms safety was taught to kids like sex ed and anti drug classes, we wouldn't have this problem. I see idiots walking around gun shows with their finger on the trigger all the time. The world has never been short of stupid people.

MKEgal

So how many of us already knew his secret alter-ego? :p

Archangel said:
criminals thinking they had passed the background check and coming in to get their guns.
How often do you (plural, the various members here who are FFLs) notify local PD or FBI or whoever of criminals trying to buy guns? And how how often are they interested, maybe even waiting around the corner?

Vandil said:
His defense was that he'd put one of those little orange plastic plugs in the barrel.
:banghead:
The law makes no reference to "little orange plastic plugs".
But see how laws don't stop crimes?
And make criminals out of people who aren't harming anyone? :cuss:

Last edited:

Archangel

So how many of us already knew his secret alter-ego? :p

How often do you (plural, the various members here who are FFLs) notify local PD or FBI or whoever of criminals trying to buy guns? And how how often are they interested, maybe even waiting around the corner?

We always informed West Allis PD and they handled it. Funny story about that.

We had three gang type folks come in one time, they all purchased Mossberg 500 Persuaders. These are the models that don't even come with a butt-stock, just the pistol grip. At the time when one of those was sold, we ran the background check on them (back then it was only required for handgun purchases) since consensus was if it didn't come with a butt-stock, it wasn't meant to be shoulder fired so we treated it as a handgun purchase.

These were bad, BAD guys apparently.

On the day they were to pick up. everybody in the store was either a plainclothes West Allis Police Officer, a BATF (this was before the "E") Agent, or an armed store employee. We had one actual other customer in the store who was a regular, so when these guys came in we stealthily got him out without them noticing. The members of law enforcement told us that nothing could be done till the guys actually put their hands on the guns.

Soooo, we carried the transaction out to the point where they actually touched the guns, and....

Did any of you ever see the movie: Code of Silence with Chuck Norris? There is a scene in there where two guys go in to rob a bar, but it's a COP bar. When they say: "This is a stick up!" all you hear are guns unlimbering from leather?

The same thing happened as soon as they put their hands on the guns. It was so funny we almost busted up. They just put their hands up in the air and were promptly cuffed and stuffed.

Ah memories.... :D

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Did any of you ever see the movie: Good Guys Wear Black with Chuck Norris? There is a scene in there where two guys go in to rob a bar, but it's a COP bar. When they say: "This is a stick up!" all you hear are guns unlimbering from leather?

The same thing happened as soon as they put their hands on the guns. It was so funny we almost busted up. They just put their hands up in the air and were promptly cuffed and stuffed.

Ah memories.... :D

Kinda like Blues Brothers (the original). Jake and Ellwood go up the elevator and after they pay the property tax, they are surrounded by 50+ cops with shotguns and all you hear is 50+ shotguns racking.

[video=youtube;2quc-iQ96R0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2quc-iQ96R0&feature=relmfu[/video]

Oopps!!!! Not all shotguns!

Last edited:

Archangel

Pretty much. No doubt we found it more amusing than they did.

I quoted the wrong movie. It was "Code of Silence" from 1985.

Warning: Language

[video=youtube;3GAgIBgOA3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GAgIBgOA3M[/video]

Last edited:

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, it's taken so long to respond. Busy busy busy.

kwarnimo
The people watching is hilarious and wearing at the same time. The phone calls we get would make you head spin.

protias
No problem man! :D

Russf
I think I kind of half remember that conversation,hard to say.

MKEgal
Off the top of my head, Nik, Jesus, and a few of the pancake house diners. I'm sure there are more but I can't recall.

oak1971
When was it, what gun, what price? Hard to give an explanation without more details. One thing to remember is that we take in a lot of guns in on consignment. The customer gets to set their own price and we take 20%. I've seen plenty of times where the customer sets an outrageous price to make up the 20%.

Archangel
I haven't had one that bad but I've seen a number of people get hooked up. We do the same thing if there are real customers though. I've only had to do that once but I wouldn't want a customer there if I could avoid it.