• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Urban myths on open carry & other topics that savor of firearms....

Ridgerunner316

I enjoyed reading that, ridgerunner....at your expense though. haha. It really is one of the things i dont like about going into a gun shop....hearing all of the ignorant know-it-alls spurting off to their friends all of their Call of Duty knowledge.

Well, I don't play video games, and what knowledge I have has been gained over 53 years of shooting. I seldom venture to dissuade them from their thought processes, unless safety becomes an issue. I am still learning, but I try to verify and be accurate on what I tell anyone who asks. I get a blank stare many times, but I am generally pretty sure of any info I put out. Never been afraid to say "I don't know," but will try my best to find the correct answer. When you say at my expense, I hope you are not insuating that I am one of the ignorant know it alls, because I know I don't know it all....

Ridgerunner316

I took that to mean that he thought it was funny, but at the same time, was sorry you had to endure hearing it all...

:)

TFred

OK, thanks for clarification, sir. The list goes on and on and I get some private chuckles some times....In the immortal words of Ron White, "you can't fix stupid"

jnojr

2zdy9zs.jpg