• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Non-event!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I just came home from a metal detecting forray into the city and after unloaded a bunch of life support units into the house, had to return to the car to fetch my detector. After I fetched it out of the back end and shut the hatch, I came around the corner of my house and saw a police car down the block. I had an OWB holster at that particular moment and clearly could see the officer notice me and point his vehicle in my direction. He picked up his pace and came at me relatively quickly and pulled up right next to me.

"What's up?" he asked.
"Not much. Just been out metal detecting today!" I said in reply.
"Any luck?"
"Not so much as I'd like. Just a big pile of clad but no jewelry items today."
His tone changed somewhat to a more businesslike demeanor.
"Have you seen a black Escalade around here?" He inquired.
"Yeah, there's one right across the street!" I rejoined.
"Wrong license number. Not what got reported." he replied.
"That's the only black Escalade I've seen today officer."
"Seems somebody been using a black Escalade to pull skateboards behind it out here." He explained.
"Whoa, that's not only plain stupid, but dangerous. If I see anything of that ilk, I'll help you nail 'em. Either I'll call dispatch or detain them for you until you can arrive. The least I could do is trail them to find out where they are and keep an eye on 'em until you can get back out here." I told the officer.
"That'd be great if you could help out. We'd like to stop that before somebody gets killed! See you around!"
"Sure enough amigo! Be safe out there!

With that, I bid him farewell.
Obviously, when he first came at me, I figured he'd be asking about my open carried Ruger P94. During our discussion, he glanced at it once or twice, but never mentioned it in our chat.

Meanwhile, we had another thread about detaining kids who were trespassing in which some folks felt the answer wasn't the police but to get parents involved. This is where things get jerked akimbo. The parents, who should be working on bringing up good responsible kids, are too busy driving black Escalades towing skateboarders hanging onto the back bumper.

What was it one of my favorite Texans said? "You can't fix stupid!"

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Obviously, when he first came at me, I figured he'd be asking about my open carried Ruger P94. During our discussion, he glanced at it once or twice, but never mentioned it in our chat.

I had a similar encounter with the manager of a small hardware store, today. After the he realized I was just looking info on a programmable thermostat, it was a non-issue. Still, he was a touch on edge. The counter girl was clearly perturbed. The older lady behind the cash register sure had her stuff together, though, carrying on an easy patter as she rang up my merchandise.

M-Taliesin

I had a similar encounter with the manager of a small hardware store, today. After the he realized I was just looking info on a programmable thermostat, it was a non-issue. Still, he was a touch on edge. The counter girl was clearly perturbed. The older lady behind the cash register sure had her stuff together, though, carrying on an easy patter as she rang up my merchandise.

Howdy Pardner!
Ain't it delightful that we live in Colorado? I surely do appreciate that I can go about my business without folks getting their knickers all in a knot because I'm carrying.

The only question I have now is where the trolls are who spend their time hijacking threads on the Colorado board!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin