Thread: Santa-Cali-Gon Days - Independence MO this weekend

Santa-Cali-Gon Days - Independence MO this weekend

Anyone going to Santa-Cali-Gon Days this weekend? Wife is dragging me and the kids with her. Independence is my old stomping grounds from my teenage years and at least they allow OC so it shouldn't be that awful. However, the thought of walking craft tents in 90-100 degree heat does not sound appealing.
    Last edited by opencarryeveryday; 09-01-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Just so you know. I'm pretty sure they had huge no firearms signs up last year. I'm not sure if they can privatize public streets but i know they are at least posted.

Well on the up side Sunday is still looking to be in the 70s. A will second the posted signage. They had em up last year. I will only assume the same will happen this year.

Just another reason not to attend. I just may be able to get out of this afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by opencarryeveryday View Post
    Just another reason not to attend. I just may be able to get out of this afterall.
    Retarded hippy artists. More proof that weed is bad for you , not that I condone outlawing it, they have a right to kill their brains... hehe
    Last edited by peterarthur; 09-02-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

yup they are posted. not the regulation signs but posterboards with the IPD badge on them that actually says "No Open or Concealed firearms allowed for the safety of our attendees" the funny part is that the signs look like they had been modified with a sticker to reflect the Open carry part.

I suspect I know the answer to this, but so what? You can put up posterboards with the IPD badge on them all day long. They do not carry the force of law, and the IPD does not get to make up their own laws. So, what can the IPD do? It's not one of the "not authorized" places for CCW, it's not illegal for anyone to OC in Independence, and as far as I know, it's held on public property (the streets and sidewalks of Independence.) Can you even be trespassed under these conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Penguin View Post
    yup they are posted. not the regulation signs but posterboards with the IPD badge on them that actually says "No Open or Concealed firearms allowed for the safety of our attendees" the funny part is that the signs look like they had been modified with a sticker to reflect the Open carry part.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    I suspect I know the answer to this, but so what? You can put up posterboards with the IPD badge on them all day long. They do not carry the force of law, and the IPD does not get to make up their own laws. So, what can the IPD do? It's not one of the "not authorized" places for CCW, it's not illegal for anyone to OC in Independence, and as far as I know, it's held on public property (the streets and sidewalks of Independence.) Can you even be trespassed under these conditions?
    I know i was just pointing out the irony of the fact that IPD doesn't know the regs either! lol