Thread: GOP raffles gun in Rep. Giffords' district

GOP raffles gun in Rep. Giffords' district

"The Pima County Republican Party is asking for $10 per ticket for a chance to win a Glock 23, according to the Huffington Post.

The Glock 23 is a version of the Glock 19, which was used in the Jan. 8 shooting rampage that left six people dead and wounded 13 others. Giffords, who was shot in the head, was meeting with constituents at a Tucson grocery store."

http://usat.ly/rlx2db

I personally see no problem with the raffle and no connection to the Giffords' shooting other than a superficial one. Thoughts?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 09-01-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Yep! Itís just a raffle, but of course the media will attempt some stupid negative association.

I'd buy a ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I personally see no problem with the raffle and no connection to the Giffords' shooting other than a superficial one. Thoughts?
    I see about as much connection between the gun raffle and Gifford's shooting as I do between winning a trip to Vegas and the Lockerbie bombing. In the first case, they both involve firearms. In the second, they both involved airplanes. In both cases, the relationship is indeed superficial.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbitone View Post
    How is the ""??? Aside from the fact that they're both Glocks? They're not even in the came caliber! That would be like saying the Ford Focus is a version of the Ford Expedition.

And yeah, I'd buy a ticket.
    Its the libtard media, its probably just luck that the raffle wasn't for a hunting rifle with that kind of verbiage:

"The Enfield Mk 4 is a version of the Glock 19, which was used in the Jan. 8 shooting rampage that left six people dead and wounded 13 others. Giffords, who was shot in the head, was meeting with constituents at a Tucson grocery store."
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

They had the gun left over from last years raffle... 'n nobody claimed it. 'Last word... they've sold all 125 raffle tickets and are now raffling off a rifle of some sort. The media knows 2 guns... Glock and AK.

Giffords had a CWP and it's said she qual'd with her own Glock. Dunno what flavor. Too bad she and her staff weren't heeled that day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	journalist_guns_2[1].jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	6865