• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any opinions regarding the HK P2000SK

BaconMan

I am considering purchasing the HK P2000SK (the 9mm version), but I know of no one who has one. Anyone out there have an opinion about this particular weapon. I will mostly carry it as a concealed weapon. All opinions are welcomed....thanks....:question:

cbpeck

A while back I had the opportunity to shoot an H&K P30 DA/SA in 40 S&W. At the time it was slightly out of my price range and really bigger than I was looking for as a CC, so I passed on it. That being said, it was a fantastic gun that I would love to own.

The P2000SK would likely be a very nice, smaller framed pistol. I would be shocked if it was anything other than extremely reliable, durable & accurate.

My only concerns would be:

- that "LEM/CDA" trigger. It could be a deal breaker for me, but you may like it just fine.

- holster selection may be limited, but you can always go custom.

I hope it helps.

cbpeck

I may not let the limited holster selection deter me. Unless you're someone who insists upon a SERPA or another specific type of Kydex, very fine custom holsters can be had for $80-$120. Not an insignificant sum, I know, but the increased cost over a factory holster is a hole in the bucket compared to the cost of a nice pistol. If you like the H&K, I say go for it.

tim12232

unfortunately opinions are like....er armpits! everyone has them, and they all stink ;)

One of my really close, friends "known him since elementary school, had a p2000sk, he only had it for a few months because...well he just didnt like it that much for shooting. Yes it will be very very reliable and an excellent shooter, but for the money, I believe there are better options.

I just bought a Glock 19 gen 4 "hand fitment" and I was the least likely person to ever buy a piece of crap Glock, But I have fallen in love with this little 9mm in just 24 hours of ownership an 150 rounds down range.

You could also look at the FNX-9, which is very comparable to the HK and there is even a comparison on youtube of the HK in 45 vs the FNX in 45.

Tim

sst0185

I own and have owned several HK's. They are very high quality weapons and if you get into a bind financially easy to sell and you can get top dollar for them. :)