Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Open Carry Elections -

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Question Michigan Open Carry Elections -

Spinklerguy28 or Scot623:

Can you tell the membership when the next election will be and what seats we will be voting on? Sorry for the post here but I've noticed more of our membership using this forum.

Glock9mmOldStyle
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

We do not discuss MOC internal operations here. Please ask on our forum.

Also note this was asked and answered at our monthly teamspeak meeting last Tuesday.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    We do not discuss MOC internal operations here. Please ask on our forum.

Also note this was asked and answered at our monthly teamspeak meeting last Tuesday.
    Not all members can or do use teamspeak & I can find no mention of this from last week on MOC's site?

Can you provide a link to the answers to these simple questions? I may have just missed it (link) or topic thread somehow. Should I search under elections?

I have cross posted this question on MOC but have gotten no response yet?
    http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...4.html#msg9894
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-02-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add search results
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

SHHH !!! It's a secret, hehe !

Nah, for real, those questions are only for members only ....

Why are you interested in becoming a MOC leader ? cool...

Every time we discuss these things here we end up with a ******* match.

It was asked after the meeting closed. However if you want to know just email board@miopencarry.org that is the best way to get a response quickly.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I know auto i was pulling your chain, hehe !

Got to love, questions that stir the pot DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA !!!

So anyhow has anybody done anymore OC rides in Mi., or did we all do the last one ?
    I haven't seen anything listed on here ....

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    I know auto i was pulling your chain, hehe !

Got to love, questions that stir the pot DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA !!!

So anyhow has anybody done anymore OC rides in Mi., or did we all do the last one ?
    I haven't seen anything listed on here ....
    I have not seen anything listed here...

When are you arranging one?

PD i figured the MOC crowd would have set one or more up to continue promoting OC,

i OC on my ride all the time , including other states.

I figured all the good looking / good natured guy/ gals, would saddle up and ride michigan, maybe set it up for next yr, & ride around the perimeter of lower michigan .... Call it a Good will tour
    Say 200 mile a day ride & stay at camp grounds,that are OC friendly......

PS this just a idea, not saying that anyone has to do it !!

Talking Election info update:

I was informed that the vote may take place sometime in November, thanks Autosurgeon.

It looks like notice is to be given no less than 10 days before the election.

For Election info see Article 5 for the nominating process & Article 6.1 for the four elected seats of: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.

If you wish to be considered for a seat please pay close attention to Article 5 sections [ 5.4 & 5.5 ]

http://miopencarry.org/?q=node/7 (Public document).

- G9OS

Question

Update bump

link to MOC leadership hierarchy and contact form.

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/?q=contact

Link to MOC calendar, as of today no info or posts on election I can find (could be there, not saying it isn't).

http://michiganopencarry.org/?q=even...onth/all/all/1

If the elections are to be in November; as a paying member, I would like to see the membership given as much notice as possible to insure a smooth process.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Update bump

link to MOC leadership hierarchy and contact form.

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/?q=contact

Link to MOC calendar, as of today no info or posts on election I can find (could be there, not saying it isn't).

http://michiganopencarry.org/?q=even...onth/all/all/1

If the elections are to be in November; as a paying member, I would like to see the membership given as much notice as possible to insure a smooth process.
    Elections are like bowel movements. The smoother they are, the better you feel, and then you get to flush all the crap away. :-D

Banned
    Bump

Question

No update as of yesterday 10/17/2011. Looks like the notice will be short at best? November is right around the corner by my calendar.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 10-18-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    No update as of yesterday 10/17/2011. Looks like the notice will be short at best? November is right around the corner by my calendar.
    Why is November significant? Is it in their by-laws or something?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ADAM12 View Post
    Why is November significant? Is it in their by-laws or something?
    Yes.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Yes.
    Are the by-laws secret?

Are the by-laws secret?
    I don't think so. I thought they used to be on the MOC home page, but I couldn't find a link today. I suggest you contact the board and ask for a copy.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Why they are not posted right now I am not sure... however while the link has been moved or is down they are still on the site as they show up in a google search.

http://www.miopencarry.org/Attachments/MOCBY-LAWS-REVA.PDF

T
    he membership has been sent election information as of this hour via email.

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post

T
    he membership has been sent election information as of this hour via email.
    It also went to former MOC member's emails, even though they have asked numerous times to be removed from the mailing list....
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    It also went to former MOC member's emails, even though they have asked numerous times to be removed from the mailing list....
    Interesting... I just read them and no where is it specified that a handgun or pistol being carried openly is the purpose of the organization. Firearms is all it says. So all this brew hah hah about MOC being only for OC of handguns is untrue. Why then doesn't MOC live up to it's by-laws and embrace OC of all firearms?

1.1 Purpose.
    To perform charitable activities within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section
    501(c)(3) and Michigan Tax Code. Michigan Open Carry, Inc is specifically organized
    for the purpose of educating the public and all law enforcement agencies on the right to
    open carry a firearm and to promote its practice. To bring into closer cooperation any
    and all persons interested in any and all aspects of the open carry of a firearm and to
    promote and preserve our Second Amendment rights
    Last edited by 1ADAM12; 10-20-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I am sorry that is a problem... we just transitioned to a new database and there have been some glitches. Nature of the beast.

Interesting... I just read them and no where is it specified that a handgun or pistol being carried openly is the purpose of the organization. Firearms is all it says. So all this brew hah hah about MOC being only for OC of handguns is untrue. Why then doesn't MOC live up to it's by-laws and embrace OC of all firearms?
    We as an organization have chosen to concentrate on handguns at this time. We do not have unlimited resources. We do not discourage OC of a long gun unless a property owner where an event is held is not comfortable with it.

From MOC's homepage, it clearly discusses handgun carry....

The objectives of Michigan Open Carry are:

To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.

To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.

To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.

http://michiganopencarry.org/
    Last edited by scot623; 10-20-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    From MOC's homepage, it clearly discusses handgun carry....

The objectives of Michigan Open Carry are:

To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.

To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.

To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.

http://michiganopencarry.org/
    I see.
    Last edited by 1ADAM12; 10-20-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Pat are you going to run for office of MOC?

You can always call for a vote to modify the by-laws and ask for members to vote on the change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast