• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Elections -

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Spinklerguy28 or Scot623:

Can you tell the membership when the next election will be and what seats we will be voting on? Sorry for the post here but I've noticed more of our membership using this forum.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
We do not discuss MOC internal operations here. Please ask on our forum.

Also note this was asked and answered at our monthly teamspeak meeting last Tuesday.

Not all members can or do use teamspeak & I can find no mention of this from last week on MOC's site?

Can you provide a link to the answers to these simple questions? I may have just missed it (link) or topic thread somehow. Should I search under elections?

I have cross posted this question on MOC but have gotten no response yet?
http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,1368.msg9894.html#msg9894

Attachments

• Search Results elections.pdf
    80.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

mastiff69

I know auto i was pulling your chain, hehe !

Got to love, questions that stir the pot DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA !!!

So anyhow has anybody done anymore OC rides in Mi., or did we all do the last one ?
I haven't seen anything listed on here ....

PDinDetroit

I know auto i was pulling your chain, hehe !

Got to love, questions that stir the pot DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA !!!

So anyhow has anybody done anymore OC rides in Mi., or did we all do the last one ?
I haven't seen anything listed on here ....

I have not seen anything listed here...

When are you arranging one?

mastiff69

PD i figured the MOC crowd would have set one or more up to continue promoting OC,

i OC on my ride all the time , including other states.

I figured all the good looking / good natured guy/ gals, would saddle up and ride michigan, maybe set it up for next yr, & ride around the perimeter of lower michigan .... Call it a Good will tour
Say 200 mile a day ride & stay at camp grounds,that are OC friendly......

PS this just a idea, not saying that anyone has to do it !!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Election info update:

I was informed that the vote may take place sometime in November, thanks Autosurgeon.

It looks like notice is to be given no less than 10 days before the election.

For Election info see Article 5 for the nominating process & Article 6.1 for the four elected seats of: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.

If you wish to be considered for a seat please pay close attention to Article 5 sections [ 5.4 & 5.5 ]

http://miopencarry.org/?q=node/7 (Public document).

- G9OS

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran

Evil Creamsicle

Update bump

link to MOC leadership hierarchy and contact form.

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/?q=contact

Link to MOC calendar, as of today no info or posts on election I can find (could be there, not saying it isn't).

http://michiganopencarry.org/?q=event/2011/11/16/month/all/all/1

If the elections are to be in November; as a paying member, I would like to see the membership given as much notice as possible to insure a smooth process.

Elections are like bowel movements. The smoother they are, the better you feel, and then you get to flush all the crap away. :-D

1ADAM12

It also went to former MOC member's emails, even though they have asked numerous times to be removed from the mailing list....

Interesting... I just read them and no where is it specified that a handgun or pistol being carried openly is the purpose of the organization. Firearms is all it says. So all this brew hah hah about MOC being only for OC of handguns is untrue. Why then doesn't MOC live up to it's by-laws and embrace OC of all firearms?

1.1 Purpose.
To perform charitable activities within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section
501(c)(3) and Michigan Tax Code. Michigan Open Carry, Inc is specifically organized
for the purpose of educating the public and all law enforcement agencies on the right to
open carry a firearm and to promote its practice. To bring into closer cooperation any
and all persons interested in any and all aspects of the open carry of a firearm and to
promote and preserve our Second Amendment rights

Last edited: