• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Elections -

autosurgeon

Interesting... I just read them and no where is it specified that a handgun or pistol being carried openly is the purpose of the organization. Firearms is all it says. So all this brew hah hah about MOC being only for OC of handguns is untrue. Why then doesn't MOC live up to it's by-laws and embrace OC of all firearms?

We as an organization have chosen to concentrate on handguns at this time. We do not have unlimited resources. We do not discourage OC of a long gun unless a property owner where an event is held is not comfortable with it.

scot623

Interesting... I just read them and no where is it specified that a handgun or pistol being carried openly is the purpose of the organization. Firearms is all it says. So all this brew hah hah about MOC being only for OC of handguns is untrue. Why then doesn't MOC live up to it's by-laws and embrace OC of all firearms?

From MOC's homepage, it clearly discusses handgun carry....

The objectives of Michigan Open Carry are:

To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.

To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.

To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.

http://michiganopencarry.org/

Last edited:

1ADAM12

From MOC's homepage, it clearly discusses handgun carry....

The objectives of Michigan Open Carry are:

To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public.

To exercise a natural right to self defense using the most efficient and common tool, a handgun.

To demonstrate to the public at large that gun owners are one of the most lawful segments of society and they have nothing to fear from the lawful carry of a firearm.

http://michiganopencarry.org/

I see.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Pat are you going to run for office of MOC?

You can always call for a vote to modify the by-laws and ask for members to vote on the change.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Note the time frame in not set yet (4 to 8 weeks from Thursday 10/20/2011 so it could be held in Nov. or Dec.?) however a 10 day window was stipulated for those who wish to run from that date. The clock is running people.
<snip>
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM

In the next 4-8 weeks, we will be having elections for our open board positions.

To offer yourself as a candidate for an open position, please email board@miopencarry.org in the next 10 days with your interest. Please include the position you are running for, information about yourself, your qualifications and the reasons you deserve to be elected by your fellow MOC members. We will start a thread on our forums with your information giving your fellow members a place to ask you question concerning your candidacy. You alone will be able to answer these questions and help secure votes.

Last edited: