• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama's Rope-A-Dope Poll Creation System

since9

Campaign Veteran
Article.

The White House has announced a new online feature that allows you to create and sign petitions. If your petition gets enough signatures, the White House guarantees that staffers will review it, send it to the appropriate policy experts and issue an official response.

Essentially, what they're saying is that your individual letters to Obama are cast into the circular file (trash can).

Furthermore, now American's must REGISTER in order to write the President of the United States? Not only that, but everyone who lends their voice to the opinion must also REGISTER in order to be heard, as well?

I think the best opinion we can register with Obama is by copying and pasting this very alarming turn of events in a letter to our Congressional members of the House and of the Senate.

Registering our vote for the OTHER GUY (or gal) in 2012 would help, too.

since9

Campaign Veteran
My Letter to Congress

"I am very alarmed about Obama's new online petition program. Essentially, one needs to register at www.whitehouse.gov, create a petition, then gather 5,000 signatures within 30 days before White House staffers will review it.

This effectively negates most Americans' right of access to the President of the United States!

There is no "petition bulletin board" with Obama's filtering program, which makes it impossibly difficult for the average U.S. citizen to gather the 5,000 co-signatures needed before the White House will look at the issue.

Large corporations and organized ventures, however, won't have any problem finding 5,000 signatures.

This is a HUGE shift in the focus of the office of the President, from all voices, to only those voices with enough corporate power or money to break through the un-Constitutional filter Obama is attempting to create.

Congressman X, I sincerely hope you and your fellow members of Congress do everything in your power to block with gross limitation on the voice of the American people."