• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ Notice of Rulemaking Scope Published Today

LaBomba

The Dept of Justice today published notice in the state Administrative Register of its plans for an emergency rule on reciprocity with other states. The notice explains a little bit about the additional rules DOJ will be drafting. There are no big surprises here, at least that I noted....just a little more detail for the news junkies out there.

Go to page 11 of this link:

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/rsb/code/register/reg668b.pdf

BROKENSPROKET

Nothing really specific in there...are they really any closer? ;)

As I understand it, there are rules the departments and agencies haveto follow to make rules. This was the first step in floowing the rules to make rules authorized authorized/mandated in Act 35.

So has anybody discovered ANY state the doesn't do a background check before issuance of a permit?

I haven't. But Florida's background check is not down by the DOJ, so the FBI does not recognize it, IIRC. I have no idea if that matters the way ACT35 is written.