Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I petition to repeal GCA '68 and/or NFA '34

Should I petition to repeal GCA '68 and/or NFA '34

Obama is going to post a spot on the Whitehouse website for folks to petition for things to act on.

Should I ask him to go for the repeal of Gun Control Act of 1968 and/or National Firearms Act of 1934?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/wethepeople
    Last edited by rodbender; 09-01-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: add link
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Why not? I say go for it, I may suggest impeachment hearings.

Absolutely, I'd sign it! Is he planning to act on any of the petitions or is it just a publicity stunt?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Absolutely, I'd sign it! Is he planning to act on any of the petitions or is it just a publicity stunt?
    I believe he would act on a suggestion of making a new national holiday "Blame George W Bush day".

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Obama is going to post a spot on the Whitehouse website for folks to petition for things to act on.

Should I ask him to go for the repeal of Gun Control Act of 1968 and/or National Firearms Act of 1934?
    Both!!! And then when he rejects it tell him you'll settle for repealing the Hughes amendment from the Firearm Owner's Protection Act.

When he doesn't comply, I was planning on asking him to at least repeal the machine gun ban of 1986.
    Will Rogers

When he doesn't comply, I was planning on asking him to at least repeal the machine gun ban of 1986.
    Uhhh... right... like I said, the Hughes amendment

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Uhhh... right... like I said, the Hughes amendment
    OK,OK,OK...I didn't connect the dots. Brain fart I guess.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I would say it's both. He'll (try to) act on things he agrees with, while completely ignoring things he doesn't, followed by using it as a publicity stunt to say that he's "listening" to the public.

So you understand how it works.

I will have a unique URL. I will post the links here and you will have to follow the link. You will not be able to find the petition without following the link. Once the petition has 150 signatures, you will then be able to search it on the website. If it collects 5000 in 30 days, they are suppose to send me a response.

There will be 2 separate petitions. When I post the links, take those URLs and post them on every website possible even if it has duplicates. The more it is posted, the more chance of collecting the 5000 in 30 days. I will also ask you guys to spread them among the state sub-forums here.

Watch for the title of the thread, "The Petitions Are Here".

When/if I receive a response, I will post them here it their entirety in 2 different threads titled, "Response to Petition #1" (GCA'68) and "Response to Petition #2" (NFA '34).

This is gonna be fun.
    Will Rogers

Beat 'ya.

There are a lot more serious repercussions of this than most people realize. I've touched on some issues in my thread.

This is gonna be fun.
    If we can pool our efforts instead of duplicating them, it might actually work. Otherwise, no.
    Last edited by since9; 09-03-2011 at 02:52 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Beat 'ya.

If we can pool our efforts instead of duplicating them, it might actually work. Otherwise, no.
    I'm game, what do you suggest?
    Will Rogers

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

At the risk of being unpopular...

I'll suggest supporting Rick Perry would lead to repeal on the 86 ban. From what I understand he owns some pretty cool guns. The guys in the TX State Guard speak highly of him and his skills.

In regards to the post, go for it. Obozo needs to get harrassed on every issue. His gun walker scandal should be enough to get him impeached and agents thrown in prison, but the moonbat media won't even discuss it.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    I'll suggest supporting Rick Perry would lead to repeal on the 86 ban. From what I understand he owns some pretty cool guns. The guys in the TX State Guard speak highly of him and his skills.

In regards to the post, go for it. Obozo needs to get harrassed on every issue. His gun walker scandal should be enough to get him impeached and agents thrown in prison, but the moonbat media won't even discuss it.
    Lol!! Supporting Rick Perry will lead to more of what we've gotten from the Repubs so far. He's a Rino and his rhetoric is not believable.

Lol!! Supporting Rick Perry will lead to more of what we've gotten from the Repubs so far. He's a Rino and his rhetoric is not believable.
    Except that his actions show that he has cut taxes/regulations, created jobs, and supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety). He is a far better pick than Obomney and, at least right now, I would say he stands the best chance of beating Obama as he appeals to the most people. Sure he might not make any one side 100% happy, but that could actually work in his favor to help get people from the other side to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbitone View Post
    You're my hero.

AT the very least the whole "May-19th 1986" regarding manufacture date on machine guns needs to go. At the very least I think most pro-2a people could agree that doesn't make sense, aside from driving the price up to prevent people from owning them.
    Heck, the registration requirement for suppressors doesn't make sense either, its a safety device!
    Come to think of it are SBR/SBSs any more dangerous then 16/18 inch versions?

Long story short, yes yes you should. Throw in the import ban on "non-sporting" weapons as well. =D
    I must say, I love my AUG with a 16" barrel. It's overall length is shorter than most SBRs at ~27" (it takes an M4 with it's stock collapsed and a 10" barrel to get down to 26"). Now if only I could afford to throw a suppressor and ACOG on it, but each one of those costs almost the same as the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Except that his actions show that he has cut taxes/regulations, created jobs, and supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety).
    You can't give Perry any credit for the Texas economy. The governor of Texas, no matter who it is, can't do squat. It's a very weak office. The lieutenant governor actually wields more power.

As for whether he supports the 2A in its entirety, I can only point you to his interview on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio. When Tom asked him why Texas wasn't an open carry state, Perry hemmed and hawed and tap danced, then finally said, "Well, I'm just a really strong concealed carry guy."

Except that his actions show that he has cut taxes/regulations, created jobs, and supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety). He is a far better pick than Obomney and, at least right now, I would say he stands the best chance of beating Obama as he appeals to the most people. Sure he might not make any one side 100% happy, but that could actually work in his favor to help get people from the other side to vote for him.
    What specifically has he done that shows he "supports the second amendment"?

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    How much would you like to bet each and every petition will be reviewed by White House Staff prior to being able to be seen by the public? If it doesn't match Oboozo's manifesto, I guarantee you it won't be seen by anyone other than its author, who'll simply wonder why no one is voting for it.

Thirty days later, *poof*

This is why I'm so dead-set against this scheme. It's not open. The keys as to which petitions are unlocked will be kept hidden. Obama will be able to parade around all the petitions supporting his rhetoric throughout his campaign, WITH TAXPAYER DOLLARS, while side-tracking non-Obama petitions at will.

Does anyone here actually believe the petitions will be open? Oh, the'll let in a few token ones for show, but only to mitigate the objections.

Trust me: What goes on behind the scenes will be kept under tighter lock and key than Obam's birth certificate.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

What specifically has he done that shows he "supports the second amendment"?
    The fact that he came out and stated that he CCs and has no problems with it? As I said, I can't say if he supports it fully, but I know that he at least supports CC and I think given his support for CC that we could get more pro 2A things through him than other people like Romney.

The fact that he came out and stated that he CCs and has no problems with it? As I said, I can't say if he supports it fully, but I know that he at least supports CC and I think given his support for CC that we could get more pro 2A things through him than other people like Romney.
    I asked what he has done. Your answer was effectively saying... NOTHING. I agree, he has DONE NOTHING to indicate that he is a supporter of the 2A. He's a politician. What he SAYS is irrelevant.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 09-06-2011 at 09:52 PM.

I asked what he has done. Your answer was effectively saying... NOTHING. I agree, he has DONE NOTHING to indicate that he is a supporter of the 2A. He's a politician. What he SAYS is irrelevant.
    He also hasn't done anything to show that he is against it. And until an action has been taken one way or the other all you have to go off of is one's words. Given what he has said and the fact that he himself carries and has used his weapon to kill a coyote his words and few actions show more support for it than others. Saying that what he says is irrelevant is also a bit stupid imo. If that was the case then we shouldn't be worried about Obama attempting to get rid of weapons since as president he hasn't done anything to try and get rid of our weapons and one could argue that he has slightly increased our 2A rights when he signed into law the whole national parks thing (nevermind that it was a rider on the credit card reform bill).

While you do have to be careful with what a politician says, flat out ignoring what they say isn't wise either.

He also hasn't done anything to show that he is against it. And until an action has been taken one way or the other all you have to go off of is one's words. Given what he has said and the fact that he himself carries and has used his weapon to kill a coyote his words and few actions show more support for it than others. Saying that what he says is irrelevant is also a bit stupid imo. If that was the case then we shouldn't be worried about Obama attempting to get rid of weapons since as president he hasn't done anything to try and get rid of our weapons and one could argue that he has slightly increased our 2A rights when he signed into law the whole national parks thing (nevermind that it was a rider on the credit card reform bill).

While you do have to be careful with what a politician says, flat out ignoring what they say isn't wise either.
    Supporting a politician because of this... "He also hasn't done anything to show that he is against it." ...is both stupid and naive. Geeez... The Republicans go through this every dang election. Supporting the candidate the media hands them WITHOUT a record to back up what they SAY. There is a candidate with a PROVEN record of 2A support for 30 YEARS yet you'd defend someone as a 2A supporter because of what they say... That's laughable.

Thanks for making my point. Obama has done more to support the 2A than Rick Perry. Words are IRRELEVANT without a record to back them up.

Supporting a politician because of this... "He also hasn't done anything to show that he is against it." ...is both stupid and naive. Geeez... The Republicans go through this every dang election. Supporting the candidate the media hands them WITHOUT a record to back up what they SAY. There is a candidate with a PROVEN record of 2A support for 30 YEARS yet you'd defend someone as a 2A supporter because of what they say... That's laughable.

Thanks for making my point. Obama has done more to support the 2A than Rick Perry. Words are IRRELEVANT without a record to back them up.
    Except that Obama hasn't done more to support the 2A if you look at what he has said and "tried" to do and not what was forced down his throat on a bill that he wanted. And by talking about a candidate with a PROVEN record I'm going to guess you're talking about Ron Paul, only with him there's other issues. Besides with what you're saying how can you ever decide who to vote for? "Oh that guy hasn't been in politics before so he doesn't have any actions to back up what he's saying." "Oh that one hasn't actuall run the country so I have to dismiss his comments on foreign policy." etc etc. At some point you have to look at what they are saying, combined with their actions and judge the person yourself. You obviously don't like Perry and are just looking to twist anything I can to further your view, which can be seen with how you have attempted to take what I said out of context. Let's go over again at least what I know (feel free to add any actual information you have).

1) He hasn't done anything to show he's against it. This keeps him roughly neutral as it doesn't show one way or the other.

2) He carries concealed and has used his weapon to defend against a coyote. This shows that he at least believes in part of the 2A and he exercises that right.

3) He dodged an OC in Texas question and stated that he is more of a CC guy. This is somewhat disheartening, but goes to further show that he at least supports CC.

So now, lets get back to my original statement. "...supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety). He is a far better pick than Obomney..." Oh look at that, even in my original statement I said that I'm not sure if he supports the 2A in it's entirety or only a part of it. I also only compared him to Romney (In case you couldn't figure out who "obomney" is) in regards to who I thought would be better and didn't compare him to any of the other contenders.

Oh and if we didn't judge politicians off of what they said and only looked at their actions then most of the Tea Party Republicans shouldn't of gotten elected since they didn't really have any political actions to back up their words. And if someone doesn't think something is broken how are they to take "action" in fixing what isn't broken? But please, continue on your anti-Perry campaign without showing anything to back up your arguement. I'm sure it will be able to win over so many people with all the data you've been showing for why people shouldn't skeptically take him at his word...

Except that Obama hasn't done more to support the 2A if you look at what he has said and "tried" to do and not what was forced down his throat on a bill that he wanted. And by talking about a candidate with a PROVEN record I'm going to guess you're talking about Ron Paul, only with him there's other issues. Besides with what you're saying how can you ever decide who to vote for? "Oh that guy hasn't been in politics before so he doesn't have any actions to back up what he's saying." "Oh that one hasn't actuall run the country so I have to dismiss his comments on foreign policy." etc etc. At some point you have to look at what they are saying, combined with their actions and judge the person yourself. You obviously don't like Perry and are just looking to twist anything I can to further your view, which can be seen with how you have attempted to take what I said out of context. Let's go over again at least what I know (feel free to add any actual information you have).

1) He hasn't done anything to show he's against it. This keeps him roughly neutral as it doesn't show one way or the other.

2) He carries concealed and has used his weapon to defend against a coyote. This shows that he at least believes in part of the 2A and he exercises that right.

3) He dodged an OC in Texas question and stated that he is more of a CC guy. This is somewhat disheartening, but goes to further show that he at least supports CC.

So now, lets get back to my original statement. "...supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety). He is a far better pick than Obomney..." Oh look at that, even in my original statement I said that I'm not sure if he supports the 2A in it's entirety or only a part of it. I also only compared him to Romney (In case you couldn't figure out who "obomney" is) in regards to who I thought would be better and didn't compare him to any of the other contenders.

Oh and if we didn't judge politicians off of what they said and only looked at their actions then most of the Tea Party Republicans shouldn't of gotten elected since they didn't really have any political actions to back up their words. And if someone doesn't think something is broken how are they to take "action" in fixing what isn't broken? But please, continue on your anti-Perry campaign without showing anything to back up your arguement. I'm sure it will be able to win over so many people with all the data you've been showing for why people shouldn't skeptically take him at his word...
    All this crap is also irrelevant. YOU are the one that claimed he supports the 2A. I asked what specifically has he done that shows he "supports the second amendment"? . The simple answer is NOTHING.

You admit...
    "As I said, I can't say if he supports it fully"

That's because he's DONE nothing.
    No need to go further. My question was answered.

I'm gonna take further discussion of Perry to this thread...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-for-President
    Last edited by georg jetson; 09-07-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast