• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I petition to repeal GCA '68 and/or NFA '34

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Absolutely, I'd sign it! Is he planning to act on any of the petitions or is it just a publicity stunt?

georg jetson

Obama is going to post a spot on the Whitehouse website for folks to petition for things to act on.

Should I ask him to go for the repeal of Gun Control Act of 1968 and/or National Firearms Act of 1934?

Both!!! And then when he rejects it tell him you'll settle for repealing the Hughes amendment from the Firearm Owner's Protection Act.

Aknazer

Absolutely, I'd sign it! Is he planning to act on any of the petitions or is it just a publicity stunt?

I would say it's both. He'll (try to) act on things he agrees with, while completely ignoring things he doesn't, followed by using it as a publicity stunt to say that he's "listening" to the public.

rodbender

So you understand how it works.

I will have a unique URL. I will post the links here and you will have to follow the link. You will not be able to find the petition without following the link. Once the petition has 150 signatures, you will then be able to search it on the website. If it collects 5000 in 30 days, they are suppose to send me a response.

There will be 2 separate petitions. When I post the links, take those URLs and post them on every website possible even if it has duplicates. The more it is posted, the more chance of collecting the 5000 in 30 days. I will also ask you guys to spread them among the state sub-forums here.

Watch for the title of the thread, "The Petitions Are Here".

When/if I receive a response, I will post them here it their entirety in 2 different threads titled, "Response to Petition #1" (GCA'68) and "Response to Petition #2" (NFA '34).

This is gonna be fun.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Obama is going to post a spot on the Whitehouse website for folks to petition for things to act on.

Beat 'ya.

There are a lot more serious repercussions of this than most people realize. I've touched on some issues in my thread.

This is gonna be fun.

If we can pool our efforts instead of duplicating them, it might actually work. Otherwise, no.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
At the risk of being unpopular...

I'll suggest supporting Rick Perry would lead to repeal on the 86 ban. From what I understand he owns some pretty cool guns. The guys in the TX State Guard speak highly of him and his skills.

In regards to the post, go for it. Obozo needs to get harrassed on every issue. His gun walker scandal should be enough to get him impeached and agents thrown in prison, but the moonbat media won't even discuss it.

georg jetson

I'll suggest supporting Rick Perry would lead to repeal on the 86 ban. From what I understand he owns some pretty cool guns. The guys in the TX State Guard speak highly of him and his skills.

In regards to the post, go for it. Obozo needs to get harrassed on every issue. His gun walker scandal should be enough to get him impeached and agents thrown in prison, but the moonbat media won't even discuss it.

Lol!! Supporting Rick Perry will lead to more of what we've gotten from the Repubs so far. He's a Rino and his rhetoric is not believable.

Aknazer

Lol!! Supporting Rick Perry will lead to more of what we've gotten from the Repubs so far. He's a Rino and his rhetoric is not believable.

Except that his actions show that he has cut taxes/regulations, created jobs, and supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety). He is a far better pick than Obomney and, at least right now, I would say he stands the best chance of beating Obama as he appeals to the most people. Sure he might not make any one side 100% happy, but that could actually work in his favor to help get people from the other side to vote for him.

Aknazer

You're my hero.

AT the very least the whole "May-19th 1986" regarding manufacture date on machine guns needs to go. At the very least I think most pro-2a people could agree that doesn't make sense, aside from driving the price up to prevent people from owning them.
Heck, the registration requirement for suppressors doesn't make sense either, its a safety device!
Come to think of it are SBR/SBSs any more dangerous then 16/18 inch versions?

Long story short, yes yes you should. Throw in the import ban on "non-sporting" weapons as well. =D

I must say, I love my AUG with a 16" barrel. It's overall length is shorter than most SBRs at ~27" (it takes an M4 with it's stock collapsed and a 10" barrel to get down to 26"). Now if only I could afford to throw a suppressor and ACOG on it, but each one of those costs almost the same as the gun :(

KBCraig

Except that his actions show that he has cut taxes/regulations, created jobs, and supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety).
You can't give Perry any credit for the Texas economy. The governor of Texas, no matter who it is, can't do squat. It's a very weak office. The lieutenant governor actually wields more power.

As for whether he supports the 2A in its entirety, I can only point you to his interview on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio. When Tom asked him why Texas wasn't an open carry state, Perry hemmed and hawed and tap danced, then finally said, "Well, I'm just a really strong concealed carry guy."

georg jetson

Except that his actions show that he has cut taxes/regulations, created jobs, and supports the second amendment (though I can't comment on if he only supports CC or if he supports the 2A in it's entirety). He is a far better pick than Obomney and, at least right now, I would say he stands the best chance of beating Obama as he appeals to the most people. Sure he might not make any one side 100% happy, but that could actually work in his favor to help get people from the other side to vote for him.

What specifically has he done that shows he "supports the second amendment"?

since9

Campaign Veteran

How much would you like to bet each and every petition will be reviewed by White House Staff prior to being able to be seen by the public? If it doesn't match Oboozo's manifesto, I guarantee you it won't be seen by anyone other than its author, who'll simply wonder why no one is voting for it.

Thirty days later, *poof*

This is why I'm so dead-set against this scheme. It's not open. The keys as to which petitions are unlocked will be kept hidden. Obama will be able to parade around all the petitions supporting his rhetoric throughout his campaign, WITH TAXPAYER DOLLARS, while side-tracking non-Obama petitions at will.

Does anyone here actually believe the petitions will be open? Oh, the'll let in a few token ones for show, but only to mitigate the objections.

Trust me: What goes on behind the scenes will be kept under tighter lock and key than Obam's birth certificate.

Aknazer

What specifically has he done that shows he "supports the second amendment"?

The fact that he came out and stated that he CCs and has no problems with it? As I said, I can't say if he supports it fully, but I know that he at least supports CC and I think given his support for CC that we could get more pro 2A things through him than other people like Romney.