• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guitar Players Beware!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Things like this happen because the government is running so efficiently, they just get bored and have nothing to do. Sarcasm off. Seriously, there has to be a better use of time and money. This story reminds me of the woman that got charged for helping the injured bird.

riverrat10k

Yeah, I saw this on a blog the other day and heard the beginning of the Beck interview.

Meanwhile the Dept. of Justice is selling guns to Mexican drug lords to set up a play to confiscate our arms! Madness!

The Feds told Gibson to move their plant to Madagascar to avoid these problems. The Feds still have pallets of ivory and rosewood the confiscated from Gibson in a previous raid years ago. Gibson has all the proper export paperwork from the producing countries. Gibson is one of the last US based guitar manufacturing facilities. The other companies have already moved their manufacturing overseas. How does this fit in with Obummers jobs program? $%#@%#$@%#@$%#$

Does anyone still not believe that the Progessives are trying to destroy this country? Hard to read the evidence otherwise.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Just sickening. I wish now I didn't sell my Gibson Les Paul last year. Government made me broke and then are trying to break my favorite guitar company? And they have no charges? So they raid just to make a point which isn't clear? So much for the 4th amendment.

Any one who thinks government is the answer has their head stuck in the whole, giving government powers leads to Sh!t like this.

jbone

There are some good Epiphones, when I lived in Hawaii my friends father used to borrow mine, and he was Don Ho's guitarist.

My first was an EPI, I had to have it after the release an album called Ted Nugent, I just knew if I had one that just looked like a Gibson ES I could play stranglehold in no time at all.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
This thread forced me against my will to remove my guitar and start practicing again.

"Damn you all! Damn you all to hell!" - Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes (the original)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I got back into playing last February after a 46 year hiatus. Wife and daughter bought me a Fender Starcaster acoustic for Christmas. In February, I decided to pick it up and mess around a bit. Then in March, I ordered a Classic Player Fender Jaguar in sunburst (I use to have a 1964 Fender Jaguar in that color which, of course, was pre-CBS). I know I will most likely never get back to where I was back in those days, but I am having fun with it. It was $450 with the blond hard shell case.

Before I got my '64 Jaguar, I had a '63 Gibson Melody Maker single pickup with tremolo. As I recall I paid $110 for that guitar, new. I see that they are going for around $1200 now. I still have a '68 Epiphone acoustic which, though the action is a bit hard, is beautiful and still has its original new smell.