Thread: New to UOC

New to UOC

Hey everyone!! So im new to the OC thing, and would really like to do it outside of my neighborhood, thats where I've been "testing the waters" I have read all the PC's and really educated myself on the subject. I need to go get myself a recorder, other then that im set to go. And to top it off i get my new RIA tactical .45 acp tomorrow morning, although i think im gonna OC my XD .40 sub. Im just looking for people to go out with on my first outing to show me the "ropes", and maybe teach me a few things on the subject. Anyone in shasta county interested shoot me an I.M. or email me.
    thanks
    martin2145@att.net

Quote Originally Posted by martin2145 View Post
    Hey everyone!! So im new to the OC thing, and would really like to do it outside of my neighborhood, thats where I've been "testing the waters" I have read all the PC's and really educated myself on the subject. I need to go get myself a recorder, other then that im set to go. And to top it off i get my new RIA tactical .45 acp tomorrow morning, although i think im gonna OC my XD .40 sub. Im just looking for people to go out with on my first outing to show me the "ropes", and maybe teach me a few things on the subject. Anyone in shasta county interested shoot me an I.M. or email me.
    thanks
    martin2145@att.net
    Welcome to the board.

The 'water' in Redding seems to be fine. Redding police dont seem to have as much trouble with OC as the Sheriff's department seems to. But first things, first. Get your recorder and keep it running while you are openly carrying.
    Also- is there a reason why you have not applied to the S/O for a license to carry concealed?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Yes I concur with C3, dont ever go OC without a recording device on and functioning with a full battery, audio as a minimum. video is better. a hidden backup is ideal. Most time you wont need it, but the one time you do need it you will be kicking yourself for not having it. Apply for your licensce to carry conceal, if you get turned down, it helps any potential court case you may have to defend showing you tried for it and have only OC available to you.

Review as many youtube videos of encounters you can, dont just be prepared be over prepared, and practice being cordial and friendly to people, be the good ambassador to the unknowing masses, show them that nice reasonable and friendly law abiding citizens carry weapons and its ok.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Angry

The reason for not getting my CCW yet is because I just got my 1 year residency in shasta county. So when fire season calms down im going to get it asap. Thats good to know about RPD, quite honestly I dont here good things about them very often.

The reason for not getting my CCW yet is because I just got my 1 year residency in shasta county. So when fire season calms down im going to get it asap. Thats good to know about RPD, quite honestly I dont here good things about them very often.