• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to UOC

martin2145

Hey everyone!! So im new to the OC thing, and would really like to do it outside of my neighborhood, thats where I've been "testing the waters" I have read all the PC's and really educated myself on the subject. I need to go get myself a recorder, other then that im set to go. And to top it off i get my new RIA tactical .45 acp tomorrow morning, although i think im gonna OC my XD .40 sub. Im just looking for people to go out with on my first outing to show me the "ropes", and maybe teach me a few things on the subject. Anyone in shasta county interested shoot me an I.M. or email me.
thanks
martin2145@att.net

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Hey everyone!! So im new to the OC thing, and would really like to do it outside of my neighborhood, thats where I've been "testing the waters" I have read all the PC's and really educated myself on the subject. I need to go get myself a recorder, other then that im set to go. And to top it off i get my new RIA tactical .45 acp tomorrow morning, although i think im gonna OC my XD .40 sub. Im just looking for people to go out with on my first outing to show me the "ropes", and maybe teach me a few things on the subject. Anyone in shasta county interested shoot me an I.M. or email me.
thanks
martin2145@att.net

Welcome to the board.

The 'water' in Redding seems to be fine. Redding police dont seem to have as much trouble with OC as the Sheriff's department seems to. But first things, first. Get your recorder and keep it running while you are openly carrying.
Also- is there a reason why you have not applied to the S/O for a license to carry concealed?

Firemark

Yes I concur with C3, dont ever go OC without a recording device on and functioning with a full battery, audio as a minimum. video is better. a hidden backup is ideal. Most time you wont need it, but the one time you do need it you will be kicking yourself for not having it. Apply for your licensce to carry conceal, if you get turned down, it helps any potential court case you may have to defend showing you tried for it and have only OC available to you.

Review as many youtube videos of encounters you can, dont just be prepared be over prepared, and practice being cordial and friendly to people, be the good ambassador to the unknowing masses, show them that nice reasonable and friendly law abiding citizens carry weapons and its ok.

martin2145

The reason for not getting my CCW yet is because I just got my 1 year residency in shasta county. So when fire season calms down im going to get it asap. Thats good to know about RPD, quite honestly I dont here good things about them very often.

martin2145

The reason for not getting my CCW yet is because I just got my 1 year residency in shasta county. So when fire season calms down im going to get it asap. Thats good to know about RPD, quite honestly I dont here good things about them very often.