• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Twin Falls County Fair and Magic Valley Stampede

GeneticsDave

Hey all!

I'm from Utah. I am usually over on UtahConcealedCarry.com but am an avid OC'er. A couple years ago I went to the Fair in Twin Falls and was approached by no less than 8 officers and 2 canines. They surrounded me and the Sergeant gave me a ridiculous lecture on why it's not smart to open carry. They asked me to conceal and I declined. They eventually let me be, but had two officers trail me for the remainder of my time at the fair. This incident bothered me, but it really did a number on my Mother and Wife (I was with my parents and brother and his family).

We are planning on heading up to the fair tomorrow (Friday) and I wanted to get any input you had on OC at the event and any laws or info I could use in a similar situation. Normally I would research this myself, but time is short and I figure you all have this information down pat.

Thanks in advance for your help, I hope to hear from you before noon tomorrow!

GeneticsDave