• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Cities according to the Sullivan Publications website

OC for ME

Make a personalized Google Map for the hot spot. if you zoom out to 2 miles, Maplewood is highlighted in red. This works by making Maplewood a favorite spot on your personal Google map.

I'll give it a try and see how it works out.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Do LEOs have the authority to 'interpret such statute, regulation or order'?

Not really. They COULD set you free and not charge you under officer discretion, however, the statute you posted is a lawyers tool and a judges gavel makes it work.
In other words, depending upon the conversation with the LEO you might or might not go to jail. If he asked you to cover it because you have a ccw and you did, you might walk, if you argued back politely and stated it was not against the law in a reasonable manner and he KNEW it changed recently, he might inform you as much and request again you cover, if you complied you might walk.

IMHO it REALLY depends, Good LEO and not an anti gunner, you might get lucky, good leo and anti gunner, coin toss, bad leo exercising his power over you, a bad day. When it hits court, good lawyer, and judge, you might walk, either one bad, you may have a real bad day.
FYI posting the new regulation for 30 days on the city bulletin board is “reasonable notification” and there is not currently a requirement to make it available via the internet. A bill died about 3 years ago trying for that, but since the board was on the AG’s site and use of it was totally optional for any city, it was a total waste anyway.

HighFlyingA380

I'm looking for a bit 'o clarification on Grain Valley. It appears according to the OP, that Grain Valley is OC legal, except in parks. Am I correct? I'm headed up there tomorrow to pick up some ammo, and I don't like leaving my firearm in my car unattended. Thanks!

Also, how do you know Ellisville is illegal, even with CCW? I guess the codes on Sullivan are out-of-date. Good to know, since I was planning on OCing in a couple weeks after my CCW gets here.

PS: A heat map would be extremely helpful, but would indeed be a massive undertaking.

xdmcompact

I'm looking for a bit 'o clarification on Grain Valley. It appears according to the OP, that Grain Valley is OC legal, except in parks. Am I correct? I'm headed up there tomorrow to pick up some ammo, and I don't like leaving my firearm in my car unattended. Thanks!

Also, how do you know Ellisville is illegal, even with CCW? I guess the codes on Sullivan are out-of-date. Good to know, since I was planning on OCing in a couple weeks after my CCW gets here.

PS: A heat map would be extremely helpful, but would indeed be a massive undertaking.

Here is a link about Ellisville, http://ballwin-ellisville.patch.com/articles/ellisville-closes-open-carry-loophole

Here is a pic from the July Chevy's tour OC dinner in Ellisville. chevys tour.jpg
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/mspcrna/OC get together/Best.jpg

Verd

Campaign Veteran
While I applaud you for doing so, I can't help but feel that it might be a better use of time/resources to try to get the laws changed. Either way, it's a step in the right direction, and will definitely help alot of people.

I've been told, in not so many words, that I don't know jack about what is being dome to change the laws (simply because it seems like they are trying to get constitutional carry passed before open carry is preempted). Which is why I am working on this.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I've been told, in not so many words, that I don't know jack about what is being dome to change the laws (simply because it seems like they are trying to get constitutional carry passed before open carry is preempted). Which is why I am working on this.

LMGDAO, no, you have been told the truth, which basically you would not know if it hit you in the face with a bag of poop.

Constitutional carry is not only not on the optional list for this year. it is SEVERAL years away.

A **** pot of stuff is being tried for this year. None of it even comes CLOSE to constitutional carry or anything of the sort.

I am not so sure what you mean by "not so many words" but I can make it clear, you have no ******* idea at all and basically just run your mouth.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
LMGDAO, no, you have been told the truth, which basically you would not know if it hit you in the face with a bag of poop.

Constitutional carry is not only not on the optional list for this year. it is SEVERAL years away.

A **** pot of stuff is being tried for this year. None of it even comes CLOSE to constitutional carry or anything of the sort.

I am not so sure what you mean by "not so many words" but I can make it clear, you have no ******* idea at all and basically just run your mouth.

Then why the hell are do you guys have such a hardon for HB1369 instead of just SB680? Every thread that mentions HB1369 you guys say it is good because it will pave the ******* way for Constitutional Carry, which makes absolutely no sense and I have asked for the data that even suggests that if enough people carry their firearm openly in St. Louis due to HB1369 it will cause the majority of the population of the city (and surrounding areas) to be for a constitutional carry bill nor any data that indicates that a number of people who have a CCL are strident supporters of OC and if HB1369 passes they will shed their CCW ways and wear their firearms openly and proudly.

That was all I asked for and I never got anything but opinions, hopes, and beliefs. I posted what all the other states had in regards to open carry before they passed Constitutional Carry (or simply had a Constitutional Carry bill) and the majority of them had preemption of OC, which IS WHAT SB680 is going for! Why the hell are you not saying that SB680 paves the way for Constitutional Carry? Why must only OC with a CCL be the ONLY ******* path for Missouri to get a Constitutional Carry bill?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Then why the hell are do you guys have such a hardon for HB1369 instead of just SB680?

which IS WHAT SB680 is going for!

Why the hell are you not saying that SB680 paves the way for Constitutional Carry? Why must only OC with a CCL be the ONLY ******* path for Missouri to get a Constitutional Carry bill?

1. I do not live in the same fantasy world as you seem to, as I am fully aware of what I and others have said and no one has said anything like what you are spouting.

2. Please stop trying to tell me what SB680 says, I wrote it, I am completely aware of each and every letter involved in it, I spell checked it, I grammar checked it, I ran it by an English teacher just to be extra sure I would not look like a moron, and then I presented it to the group and then it was forwarded to the Senator who introduced it for us.

3. I am not saying anything about any of the bills, I was, but then a few folks had to begin running their mouths at a rate faster than I could correct their errors. You are without any doubt one of those people, but you are not alone either.

Nothing has changed, no magic wands were waved. SB680 remains a great bill and HB1369 still does not suck. Here is a thought for the day, there are other firearms bills entered this year, most of them do not suck either, but a couple actually do suck, learn to figure out the difference.

I doubt it will register with you, in your effort to champion a bill, you picked mine. I would think that the manner in which you approached it resulting in folks not even being willing to talk about it would register with you as a problem, it should have sir, it should have.

mspgunner

1. I do not live in the same fantasy world as you seem to, as i am fully aware of what i and others have said and no one has said anything like what you are spouting.

2. Please stop trying to tell me what sb680 says, i wrote it, i am completely aware of each and every letter involved in it, i spell checked it, i grammar checked it, i ran it by an english teacher just to be extra sure i would not look like a moron, and then i presented it to the group and then it was forwarded to the senator who introduced it for us.

3. I am not saying anything about any of the bills, i was, but then a few folks had to begin running their mouths at a rate faster than i could correct their errors. You are without any doubt one of those people, but you are not alone either.

Nothing has changed, no magic wands were waved. Sb680 remains a great bill and hb1369 still does not suck. Here is a thought for the day, there are other firearms bills entered this year, most of them do not suck either, but a couple actually do suck, learn to figure out the difference.

I doubt it will register with you, in your effort to champion a bill, you picked mine. I would think that the manner in which you approached it resulting in folks not even being willing to talk about it would register with you as a problem, it should have sir, it should have.

stop talking to this moron!

moneymaker

stop talking to this moron!

Seems to me that one that is on a forum that others look to and may take advice on for a bill passage,I think you are the MORON and should really keep all comments to yourself as you really make these topics look ,Well foolish! It seems that if someone here as a different approach or take on something it is a outcast.Yep i hope SB680 Passes if not well i hope HB1369 passes if not i am not gonna sit here and pass judgement on each member to justify my pain.Dont wanna respond to me,You want to Shun me,So be it but these words you type for whatever reason it may be(to be part of a group as i assume you had no friends in school) really makes the folks who venture out to gather resources before talking about a new bill,Well it makes there job very easy to say,Yeah gun owners are a bunch of MORONS and they think we will give them more rights.So keep spouting off as all you will do is cause harm from not having a resonable discussion about issues.

Festus_Hagen

<snip for relevant part > So keep spouting off as all you will do is cause harm from not having a resonable discussion about issues.

Ok, I'm going to take a deep breath, relax, and try to help you understand what is going on . There has been many a discussion about it .

It's very clear to me, as well as the guys who are really going out of their way and doing things to change things most people just sit on a forum and bitch about, that we need to take what we can get ... THIS YEAR . Next year, we will be more prepared for what needs done to get things moved along. None of these bills are a step backwards. Please ....read all the links provided. Instead of complaining about what we DIDN'T get ( which we ALL want) , write every polititian you can and get them to know you. Get it to where they actually will listen to what you say and run with it.

Do you think these bills got to where they are now by a politician just saying, " I think I would like to make open carry legal ! " ? No, someone ( More than one) have made the effort, the initiative to actually DO SOMETHING ! I'm trying to help in any small way I can , but some folks, fine folks, have gone above and beyond to make sure YOUR rights are getting gained back, however slowly some may feel . Folks,we have a movement here. Let's not fight amongst ourselves about what "WE" want, let's collectively move forward and get what we can, any time we can. We'll get there, we just have to be smart about it.

Here are some links, please take a few minutes, drink some coffee and sit back and take this ALL in. The answer is in there, many times over friend. :)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?99269-OC-Bill-(HB1369)-progress
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?99055-Do-this-now-to-support-oc-in-missouri
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?98526-Missouri-Pro-2A-organizations-legislation
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?99546-OC-Bill-SB680-progress

Verd

Campaign Veteran
1. I do not live in the same fantasy world as you seem to, as I am fully aware of what I and others have said and no one has said anything like what you are spouting.
People were saying that HB1369 was the bill to support since it was going to committee, which made it more likely to succeed over SB680 (this was before SB680 went to committee). Hence why it felt like you and a few others were pushing HB1369 over SB680.
2. Please stop trying to tell me what SB680 says, I wrote it, I am completely aware of each and every letter involved in it, I spell checked it, I grammar checked it, I ran it by an English teacher just to be extra sure I would not look like a moron, and then I presented it to the group and then it was forwarded to the Senator who introduced it for us.
I wasn't trying to "school" you on Sb680. I was simply trying to understand why if you and a few others were commenting on HB1369 as the bill that was a step in the right direction for us to get Constitutional Carry, why those words were not attributed with SB680? Perhaps it was far too obvious to have a need to say out loud, granted, but why not when I am being told that my questions and concerns over HB1369 was harmful. If you stating that HB1369 was a step down the road for getting Constitutional Carry (which I still don't see anything other than opinions in that regard) surely SB680 is more like a 50 meter dash. That was simply the point I was trying to convey.
3. I am not saying anything about any of the bills, I was, but then a few folks had to begin running their mouths at a rate faster than I could correct their errors. You are without any doubt one of those people, but you are not alone either.
You are correct, I have many concerns on HB1369, both with the wording of the bill and the way it is being presented. My concerns have not yet been alieviated, which is why I am still asking questions about HB1369 from the people who are telling me that they know more about this sort of stuff than I ever will. Answers go a long way in silencing me, even if they are simply "We hope." or "It is merely our opinion."
Nothing has changed, no magic wands were waved. SB680 remains a great bill and HB1369 still does not suck. Here is a thought for the day, there are other firearms bills entered this year, most of them do not suck either, but a couple actually do suck, learn to figure out the difference.
In my opinion, I feel that I have. In my opinion, HB1369 does suck more than it doesn't. I can go over my concerns and thoughts on why if you wish (but I've been told already that my concerns are a possibility, which is why they stay concerns).

In fact, so we can clear out any misunderstandings, here are my thoughts on all the bills (and in case you don't think i don't know how bills work: http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/info/habbl.pdf )

HB 1045: applies only to Conceal Carry, but is a good one since it only applies to new permits or expired permits, not preexistings one or ones renewed without having been expired.
HB 1319: applies only to Conceal Carry, but is a good one since it lowers the age requirements.
HB 1369: applies only to Conceal Carry, allows OC anywhere if you have a CCL. I do not think it is good simply because police have the right to confirm that you have a CCL in order to carry your firearm concealed (doesn't happen when walking down the street, but if they stop you for any reason, you have to tell them that you are carrying and provide proof of said CCL). Perhaps not a worry with good cops who know the law, but for those that do not know the law, it could make it harder for people to OC if they do not have a CCL (also could make it more appealing to local governments to ban OC without a CCL). For these reasons, I have to say that it is a bad law due to the vagaries that is brings into question.
HB 1482: good bill, allows non-violent felons to possess rifles and shotguns.
HB 1483: only for Conceal Carry, but is a good one since it allows those with a CCL to carry concealed onto trains and buses (this would actually give me a reason to aquire a CCL if I ever had a reason to use suck modes of transportation).
HB 1589: GREAT OC BILL (Repeals authority for political subdivisions to regulate open carrying of firearms) plus it makes it where if a local government prohibits discharges, they cannot prohibit discharges done in self defense. We should support this bill.
HB 1618: Pretty much the same as HB 1589. I.E. Great bill and we should support it.
HB 1621: Good bill (could be better). Makes it where employeers cannot discriminate against those who carry firearms for a legal purpose or a CCL. Doesn't make it where employeers have to allow the carrying though.
HB 1683: Great Bill! Makes it where 911 operators have to know about the Castle Doctrine and defense of others and inform those on the the phone about their rights to defend themselves, others, and property with deadly force. We should support this bill.
HB 1686: Actually, this is a great bill. Looks like it gives a number of reasons why discharges in a municipality would not be unlawful (for defense, for hunting, if a mile away from any other structure, if using blanks, ect.)
HJR 49: Looks good to me, adds the following to Section 23 of the State Constitution: The right of every citizen to possess, purchase, reload, or manufacture ammunition and to possess, purchase, or manufacture mechanical parts or other articles essential to the proper functioning of arms shall not be infringed or the amounts limited. Needs our support.
SB 489: Good bill for those who conceal carry and for those who want illegal firearms because this bill allows said illegal firearms if they are treated as curios, ornaments, or keepsakes and grandfathers all CCL's that were before HB 294.
SB 637: applies only to Conceal Carry, grandfathers in old CCL's from before HB 294 from 2011. Good bill.
SB 680: This is the bill OCers should all want, OC premption!

I await your thoughts on the all the above current bills.
I wasn't purposefully trying to see who wrote what bill so that I could play some sort of forum member karma game or whatever. I am not that childish. I simply am trying to champion the bill that strengthens the 2nd Amendment for us all (last I checked, I thought we were all in agreement that we should not have to be required to have a permit in order to exercise the 2nd Amendment).

Last edited:

moneymaker

i assume thats the time frame for the bill to pass or go into the trash can,but i am just a moron so who knows:banana: