Thread: Banner Ad width issue

Banner Ad width issue

Hey John,

Question for you. My monitor is running at 1024x768, and it appears that the BB software is not quite handling the banner ads correctly. Rather than spacing them out side by side, it is grouping them all together on one side, leaving large blank spaces on the other side, and pushing the content of the page farther down than it should be.

I've attached a screen shot to illustrate what I'm saying.

I run a dual-monitor system, and when I take the window off full-screen mode, and then stretch the browser a few pixels over onto the second monitor, the ads do split up properly and align themselves as expected. It seems that they are being rendered just a little bit too wide to fit on a 1024 pixel wide screen.

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or not, it sure would look a lot better if it could.

Thanks,

TFred

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCDO_screenprint.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	6840

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Hey John,

Question for you. My monitor is running at 1024x768, and it appears that the BB software is not quite handling the banner ads correctly. Rather than spacing them out side by side, it is grouping them all together on one side, leaving large blank spaces on the other side, and pushing the content of the page farther down than it should be.

I've attached a screen shot to illustrate what I'm saying.

I run a dual-monitor system, and when I take the window off full-screen mode, and then stretch the browser a few pixels over onto the second monitor, the ads do split up properly and align themselves as expected. It seems that they are being rendered just a little bit too wide to fit on a 1024 pixel wide screen.

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or not, it sure would look a lot better if it could.

Thanks,

TFred

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCDO_screenprint.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	6840
    This is a bit OT, but my job involves monitors & screen resolution and such, so I'm interested...

What type of monitor are you running at 1024x768? Is that the native resolution of that monitor (that is, if it's an LCD monitor, is it the recommended resolution) or are you using a lower resolution because you have trouble reading the screen?

Also, why do you have the google bar installed in firefox, when you already have the google search engine available from the top right (or ctrl k)?

Also also, your version of firefox is out of date. Might want to hit www.getfirefox.com to update
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    This is a bit OT, but my job involves monitors & screen resolution and such, so I'm interested...

What type of monitor are you running at 1024x768? Is that the native resolution of that monitor (that is, if it's an LCD monitor, is it the recommended resolution) or are you using a lower resolution because you have trouble reading the screen?

Also, why do you have the google bar installed in firefox, when you already have the google search engine available from the top right (or ctrl k)?

Also also, your version of firefox is out of date. Might want to hit www.getfirefox.com to update
    Thanks for the chuckles. Your questions are phrased as though you suspect I don't have reasons for doing things the way I do, which is very amusing.

Dual monitor setup, a Dell 1905FP on one side, and an HP LP1965 on the other. 1024x768 is probably not the native resolution, but it gives me the size and screen footprint that I like. I'm sure I could increase the resolution, but I don't like the text and icons that small. The OCDO forum format seems to "almost" fit in 1024, which is the sole reason I posted the question.

I find the Google toolbar to be at least one order of magnitude more useful than the one textbox that comes with FF.

And yes, my version is out of date. Corporate firewalls stink. They will push a new version only when they are good and ready.

BTW, what I see is the same for both FF and IE 7. Yep, 7... see previous sentence.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Thanks for the chuckles. Your questions are phrased as though you suspect I don't have reasons for doing things the way I do, which is very amusing.

Dual monitor setup, a Dell 1905FP on one side, and an HP LP1965 on the other. 1024x768 is probably not the native resolution, but it gives me the size and screen footprint that I like. I'm sure I could increase the resolution, but I don't like the text and icons that small. The OCDO forum format seems to "almost" fit in 1024, which is the sole reason I posted the question.

I find the Google toolbar to be at least one order of magnitude more useful than the one textbox that comes with FF.

And yes, my version is out of date. Corporate firewalls stink. They will push a new version only when they are good and ready.

BTW, what I see is the same for both FF and IE 7. Yep, 7... see previous sentence.

TFred

hahaha that was pretty funny! Why do you have a google bar and google on the right? whats it matter!!!!