• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Decatur DMV Trip 2 September

MilitaryMike

Turned in my license plates for my old truck. There were no signs on any of the doors about firearms so I walked right in and I got into line. No one blinked an eye for the most part...one lady got too close to me and I re positioned myself to protect my strong side. When she noticed she backed up but didn't seem to mind. When I got to the counter the employees eyes caught my Springfield but nothing was said nor did he seem caught off guard. The transaction was completed in 2 minutes and I left without incident.

I will be returning in a few weeks to register my new vehicle once I get the green slip. (bought a new one last night). So this post will be updated. Maybe all our work has paid off.

MilitaryMike

Showed up today at noon. Waited 90 minutes, got my registration done and left. The security guard noticed me but said nothing. (good SA)