• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycles and an AR...

bones

Hello,
I am going to throw a 'loop' out there and see who 'bites'. I ride a motorcycle in Texas (RGU) and like to go to the range at times. However, I do not always want to take my truck because of gas and live about an hours drive from the range. So my question is is it legal to strap the AR to my bike and head to the range. ... I already know I can put my glock in the tour pack and be okay. Thank you for your replies!

Cowboy_Rick

Don't think I would, I still have a "WINCHESTER BARON" that my father got when he owned a 1949 HARLEY DAVIDSON but it is now in my collection and I have a TAX STAMP for it but I do not take it from the SAFE that contains it. The Winchester Baron is a SHOTGUN PISTOL-side by side that came in .410, 20 ga and 12 ga-mine is a 12ga. it is HAMMERED and have the original holster along with a box of original "BRASS" cartridges in 2 3/4". The ANTIQUE VALUE and sentiment is the only reason I don't carry it anywhere-and, of course I've never shot it in the 50 years that I have had it! With 8" barrels, it is impressive, but I ain't about to fire it or sell it!

Last edited:

mustangkiller

It is common for me to OC my pistol, rifle, scatter gun and hunting knife (all at the same time) on my bike when going to the range or ranch. Perfectly legal and I have not once been pulled over or harrassed in any way. Infact, DPS has pulled in behind me or along side of me and given me a wave and a smile on more than one occasion.

NHCGRPR45

Completely legal. Texas does not restrict long guns in any way, except for the places where all firearms are prohibited.

Long guns may be carried openly or concealed, loaded or not, on foot or via any type of vehicle.

So long gun OC is more accepted than OC of a handgun?

View attachment 7154
I saw this in College Station last May. Not exactly a small town, and nobody seemed to be bothered.

I love this! makes me want to get a motorcycle!