Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 9/3/11 - River City Diner Parham Rd @ I-95 9:30 AM

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 9/3/11 - River City Diner Parham Rd @ I-95 9:30 AM

Grapeshot was supposed to post this. He's apparently still dealing with VEPCO and the family aftermath.

Same Time, Same Place. We'll miss the mass murderer http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...S-SAT.-SEPT.-3 . Anybody sitting near Peter might want to bring a ground rod or three, and consider a gas mask in case there are hellfire and brimstone fumes to be contended with http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...the-Ferry-Tale . I suppose we will be parsing http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Frederick-Md among other topics, so bring your scorecards.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I'm hoping to be able to show up for this if I can get myself up in time!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I may make it. I have to instal a brake box in the landrover so we can pull the big trailer with it.I'll start on that in about 20 min.
    it is supposed to rain today, and as matter of fact a light shower just went over the farm. But I still have to go there later and pick up the trailer and hopefully fix some of the hurricane damaged roads.

No shooting till noon! Just got up, will be there early and leave early. Cya there!

Spoke with a gentleman this morning after breafast who is still without VEPCO-delivered power. He and his neighbor are on a spur from the main line and have been given a target date of "next week after Wednesday" for getting the lines repaired. In the mean time he has a propane-powered generator that has seen him through several years worth of inconveniences.

On the other hand one of ours had power restored to his Fan residence just yesterday. There was nothing said about how the neighbors reacted to the deafening silence when the 2-stroke generator was finally cut off.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

A good breakfast this morning. Wish I could have stuck around longer for additional conversation, but had a bunch to do today.

To the young man sitting at my table... shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link to the CX4 Carbine that I mentioned.