• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good, unbias video on open carry

Thejoyofdriving

I dont know if this has been posted before or not. I tried using the search function to see if anyone else posted this but it didnt turn up. So if this has been posted before, sorry. Its a great video, and I show it to friends and family to help them understand open carry. It shows both sides of the argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o6yhv6-3LQ

Aknazer

It has been posted here before, but I wouldn't say reposting it is a bad thing (especially if you couldn't find the first one). By both sides do you mean how the antis try to use fear and emotions to ignore the Constitution? Because with that opening line of him talking about the "rights of other people that aren't comfortable" is fearmongering and a lie. There is no "right" to be comfortable with what other people are doing and just because you're uncomfortable with what I'm doing doesn't mean I'm infringing on any of your rights. What Portantino says in that video really just makes my head hurt and my vision go red.

Thejoyofdriving

It has been posted here before, but I wouldn't say reposting it is a bad thing (especially if you couldn't find the first one). By both sides do you mean how the antis try to use fear and emotions to ignore the Constitution? Because with that opening line of him talking about the "rights of other people that aren't comfortable" is fearmongering and a lie. There is no "right" to be comfortable with what other people are doing and just because you're uncomfortable with what I'm doing doesn't mean I'm infringing on any of your rights. What Portantino says in that video really just makes my head hurt and my vision go red.

What I meant is that the video touches on the arguments made by the anti-OC'ers as well as the Pro-OCers. I agree Portantino makes my head hurt too :banghead: But some of my friends and family would dismiss a video which only shows/explains how good OC is, since some of them need to hear both sides for them to take something seriously(which is a a good thing IMO). Does that make sense?

Last edited:

BaconMan

Those politicians are grand standing to appear they are taking on a hard issue. This is the first I heard of this video. If the politicians stop open carry here in Cali, their next step will be to out law certain weapons and so on....their intentions are to make Cali a gun free state....to everyone in Cali, please, lets not make this happen....:uhoh:

Thejoyofdriving

Those politicians are grand standing to appear they are taking on a hard issue. This is the first I heard of this video. If the politicians stop open carry here in Cali, their next step will be to out law certain weapons and so on....their intentions are to make Cali a gun free state....to everyone in Cali, please, lets not make this happen....:uhoh:

Too late. :( We can only buy handguns that they tell us we can buy, and that manufactures pay them to test. Not to mention the assault weapons ban and such. Will it get better or worse? I dont know.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Last edited: