• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How about a meet/greet and Zombie shoot (for giggles) on 24 Sept...Berlin Cons Club.

MKEgal

If you copy this & paste it into google maps, the pointer is in the right place:
Berlin Conservation Club, W898 Whiteridge Road, Berlin, WI 54923-9428

Link provided by google:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Berli...88.918705&sspn=0.054249,0.109863&vpsrc=6&z=14

Looking at the link, it appears these are the coordinates: 43.957298N 88.921194W

ETA: OK, the marker isn't in quite the right place, on my links or Grant's, but it's close enough to get you there. Just west/left of the marker, before you get to county hwy F, the driveway & parking lot of the club are the lollipop going north.
(Not sure what the Y it's holding goes to, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the club too.)

Last edited:

Grant Guess

Still attempting to verify that the range is available and am trying to reserve it so that we have no interruptions. Thinking of starting at 8AM and going to 3PM like last time. That will give us plenty of time to BS, practice, shoot, tour the facilities, fornicate the canine, have some beverages once the guns are put away, etc. Oh...they do have a trout pond on the facility :shocker:

Still need to sit down and determine a reasonable, yet challenging course of fire that is safe and that all can enjoy. Will print up some simple score cards, get target pasters for bullet holes and such so that the targets stay in good shape throughout the day.

Since this would be a fun event and you wouldn't win anything other than the applause of your peers...we'll restrict it to "carry guns" with lasers and open/iron sights. Centerfire only. Once everyone has fired the course (about 30 shots), a person would have the option of firing a second time to improve on their personal score (but not for record).

Beyond the normal eye/ear protection, I would suggest bringing lots of ammo, bring your holster and a bright smiling face. They also have longer distances that can be fired on the range next door using rifles if that floats your boat.

Grant Guess

Depending upon the interest level that we see for this, we may try it again in a larger way on the weekend prior to Halloween :)

Maybe try to make it into an annual ZOMBIE SHOOT event...all head shots...all the time...not about speed as much as it is about accuracy w/some one-handed shooting involved.

BROKENSPROKET

Still attempting to verify that the range is available and am trying to reserve it so that we have no interruptions.

Please let us know if you can't reserve the range.

There is a NRA-PPOH class on the same day that I want to take if this falls through. The instructor is an attorney out of Eau Claire.

Grant Guess

The range is first-come and first-served as it should be. I will be there by 7AM setting up targets so guess what? :D They also have 50yd targets on the rifle range and pistols can be shot there as well. There was no time to convene the board and secure exclusive rights to the range this time.

If I see enough interest on the 24th, I have asked the club board to give us exclusive dibs on the pistol range on Saturday Oct 29th to run a much bigger "Annual" match...all Zombie targets...all head shots. It fits in perfect with Halloween :) Then we could insure that we have access to the clubhouse which is about 50yds from the pistol range. Maybe we could even arrange to have the grill for burgers, brats, etc.

Why the Berlin Club? Well, I cannot think of a club that has this type of facility (archery, pistol, rifle, trap and a fishing pond) that is more centrally located to the bulk of the population in the state. This means maximum participation potentially and the cost of membership is beyond cheap!! The club has 1200 members, so they must be doing something right. Once you see the facility, you'll understand why I am kind of excited about the place.

Grant Guess

Once you join the club for 5 bucks (mandatory), you can shoot whatever you want. The 100yd rifle range is maybe 20yds south of the pistol range.

Have ordered the targets and am doing my best to acquire cardboard backing. Will secure the paper targets, get pasters to keep the targets fresh, etc.

BROKENSPROKET

:question:
There's no PPOH course listed for that day in WI.
And the only one showing up in WI is on the 17th, restricted to NRA staff.
http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

Try zipcode 54749. Steve Gibbs is the attorney that came to speak at Eau Claire open carry picnic last year. He is a NRA Counselor.

There is also one this weekend in Westfield with Sonja Mike.

Last edited:

oak1971

Well I hate to do it, but there is a grass roots gun rights policy conference that weekend and I will be there to hear Chairman Nik speak and to absorb as much info from the other presenters as my tiny brain will allow. Carry On.

Last edited: