• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Registration

oneshotonekill

Hey Everyone. I'm new to this great organization. I have a question about hand gun registration. I moved to California from another state. I had my hand guns all registered in that state along with a CCW. Do I have to register my hand guns in the state I now reside in?

tim12232

Welcome to Commifornia or the Peoples Republic of California haha!
I just moved out, and the gun laws there are terrible!
You DO have to register handguns within 60 days, its a 19 dollar fee to do so, I am not sure if thats all or per gun.
Handgun can NOT have threaded barrel as it would then fall into Assault Weapon territory.
And there is no CCW in CA......at all, unless you have friends in very high places!

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php#24

Tim

Last edited: