• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uw allows firearms

Trip20

Are they really "allowing" anything that the law doesn't make them allow? Outside premises & parking lots..... they can't restrict firearms in those locations after Nov 1st, right? The only place they can post are their buildings, which it sounds like they're going to do. Maybe I just don't understand the law, but it seems as though the article is written to say the UW is being lenient, when according to my interpretation they're restricting as far as they can with in the law.

BROKENSPROKET

Are they really "allowing" anything that the law doesn't make them allow? Outside premises & parking lots..... they can't restrict firearms in those locations after Nov 1st, right? The only place they can post are their buildings, which it sounds like they're going to do. Maybe I just don't understand the law, but it seems as though the article is written to say the UW is being lenient, when according to my interpretation they're restricting as far as they can with in the law.

Exactly

LaBomba

I agree 100%. Looks like spin to me .....UW currently bans firearms on all of its property, but now has to modify its policy to allow firearms outdoors.

Packfanatic

+1000

Totally AGREE with your comment. I just posted it as a heads up. Yes, they want to "SEEM" lenient but we all know they are just following the law right to the edge :)

paul@paul-fisher.com

What he said. Kinda like saying that Wal-Mart 'allows' people in wheel chairs in their stores. The ADA mandates it.

lockman

State Researcher
When I read the article All I glean from it is that they will prohibit carry in all UW buildings. Maybe if the article stated "UW forced to continue allowing".