Thread: Fletcher Arms Cleaned out?

Fletcher Arms Cleaned out?

A friend just told me that Fletchers in Waukesha got hit last night...
    Any info on this?

You would think they would have a high tech security system not mention steel doors and windows barred.

"WAUKESHA -- An overnight break-in at a gun store didn't result in the loss of money for the owner but something far more dangerous."

First off, guns cost money so the store owner did lose money. Second, why can't they just write the article without their opinion that guns are dangerous. People are dangerous, not guns.

I would be curious to know what kind of security precautions they had in place.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

It is likely they were hit by numerous persons and the total time involved from the time the alarm went off (I assume), until the offenders drove away was most likely under 4 minutes, If that.

Its a concrete block building with no windows. Must have had crappy doors and locks.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I forgot about that huge window in the steel door. I bet the next one has no glass in it.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I forgot about that huge window in the steel door. I bet the next one has no glass in it.
    I was there today. Door has been replaced.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I was there today. Door has been replaced.
    Good, I hope they catch the miscreants.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Good, I hope they catch the miscreants.
    I hope the thugs get caught and thrown into a federal pound me in the bum prison.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I hope the thugs get caught and thrown into a federal pound me in the bum prison.
    They will make fine brides for some lucky inmates.

McX
    i wonder if they planned the robbery, then waited 2 days, to get past the 2 day wait period.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i wonder if they planned the robbery, then waited 2 days, to get past the 2 day wait period.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Never made it past the background check.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockface
    You would think they would have a high tech security system not mention steel doors and windows barred.
    The only window in the building was in the entry door, and had steel bars over it.
    The criminals cut the bars.
    No word on if they were clearly shown on video.

According to the report on Fox, there was a delay after the alarm went off before police were called.
    Then of course the delay before they could get there (no Star Trek transporter).

I'd guess the criminals probably had close to 10 minutes, which even with cutting the bars on the door gives them lots of time. The door they chose faces the street, though there are other doors which don't, so if the least secure option was the door w/ bars, I don't fault the shop for their choices.

From what I've heard on the news (yeah, I know how inaccurate that can be) it sounded like they targeted the cases closest to the door; the reporter (or maybe the detective, I don't remember) said something about that they mostly got .22's.

So other than knowing that they needed to cut the bars, I don't think they cased the store at all, otherwise they'd know how the merchandise was arranged.

McX
    i hope these criminals also unloaded and encased for transport, i hate criminals who dont obey the laws.

I want to agree with MKEgal on this. The display nearest the door is full of .22 and a few .45 target pistols last time I checked. And yes, there are bars on the window so all normal precautions were taken here. Don't know how long it took the police to respond but the delay in calling them certainly didn't help. Any gun can be used for crime but you don't see many Ruger mark II's being carried proudly by thugs. I hope they catch the bastards and get all the guns returned.

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    you don't see many Ruger mark II's being carried proudly by thugs.
    You're right. But I'd carry one proudly!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

It's about time we work with the Brady campaign to close the "Breaking into and Stealing from FFL Dealers Loophole"

the guns probably "broke out" all on their own.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    It is likely they were hit by numerous persons and the total time involved from the time the alarm went off (I assume), until the offenders drove away was most likely under 4 minutes, If that.
    There should have been a sensor on the glass of the door. I am sure it took some time to cut the steel bars. I have never been, so I don't know what kind of bars they had on the windows. Motions sensors probably did not go off until the were inside, and they were probably inside for less than 4 minutes, like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60
    It's about time we work with the Brady campaign to close the "Breaking into and Stealing from FFL Dealers Loophole"
    LOL! Between you & McX... ROFL

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    The only window in the building was in the entry door, and had steel bars over it.
    The criminals cut the bars.
    No word on if they were clearly shown on video.

According to the report on Fox, there was a delay after the alarm went off before police were called.
    Then of course the delay before they could get there (no Star Trek transporter).

I'd guess the criminals probably had close to 10 minutes, which even with cutting the bars on the door gives them lots of time. The door they chose faces the street, though there are other doors which don't, so if the least secure option was the door w/ bars, I don't fault the shop for their choices.

From what I've heard on the news (yeah, I know how inaccurate that can be) it sounded like they targeted the cases closest to the door; the reporter (or maybe the detective, I don't remember) said something about that they mostly got .22's.

So other than knowing that they needed to cut the bars, I don't think they cased the store at all, otherwise they'd know how the merchandise was arranged.
    They did get mostly .22s but also got some other stuff. I don't know what kind of system they had but clearly it needs to be upgraded. A delay before the cops are called is surprising. Once an interior motion sensor went off (I'm assuming they have some) you'd think they'd be there in a heartbeat.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Quote Originally Posted by GlockMeisterG21 View Post
    They did get mostly .22s but also got some other stuff. I don't know what kind of system they had but clearly it needs to be upgraded. A delay before the cops are called is surprising. Once an interior motion sensor went off (I'm assuming they have some) you'd think they'd be there in a heartbeat.
    The delay could be for several reasons. Perhaps there was a history of false alarms and the delay was put in to give authorized persons a chance to cancel the alarm before a needless visit from constabulary. Another possibility for the delay is part of Police policy for responding to all alarm calls. Many cities get so many false alarms that they refuse to respond to ANY alarm calls.

I'd like to comment on many of these posts, but I do have to say, there is a lot of speculation and no of knowledge of their security.

I'd like to comment on many of these posts, but I do have to say, there is a lot of speculation and no of knowledge of their security.
    It really doesn't matter now that the guns have been stolen. Whatever the case, I would wager they will make it more difficult for the next criminal to break in.