• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fletcher Arms Cleaned out?

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
The only window in the building was in the entry door, and had steel bars over it.
The criminals cut the bars.
No word on if they were clearly shown on video.

According to the report on Fox, there was a delay after the alarm went off before police were called.
Then of course the delay before they could get there (no Star Trek transporter).

I'd guess the criminals probably had close to 10 minutes, which even with cutting the bars on the door gives them lots of time. The door they chose faces the street, though there are other doors which don't, so if the least secure option was the door w/ bars, I don't fault the shop for their choices.

From what I've heard on the news (yeah, I know how inaccurate that can be) it sounded like they targeted the cases closest to the door; the reporter (or maybe the detective, I don't remember) said something about that they mostly got .22's.

So other than knowing that they needed to cut the bars, I don't think they cased the store at all, otherwise they'd know how the merchandise was arranged.

They did get mostly .22s but also got some other stuff. I don't know what kind of system they had but clearly it needs to be upgraded. A delay before the cops are called is surprising. Once an interior motion sensor went off (I'm assuming they have some) you'd think they'd be there in a heartbeat.

oak1971

They did get mostly .22s but also got some other stuff. I don't know what kind of system they had but clearly it needs to be upgraded. A delay before the cops are called is surprising. Once an interior motion sensor went off (I'm assuming they have some) you'd think they'd be there in a heartbeat.

The delay could be for several reasons. Perhaps there was a history of false alarms and the delay was put in to give authorized persons a chance to cancel the alarm before a needless visit from constabulary. Another possibility for the delay is part of Police policy for responding to all alarm calls. Many cities get so many false alarms that they refuse to respond to ANY alarm calls.

protias

I'd like to comment on many of these posts, but I do have to say, there is a lot of speculation and no of knowledge of their security.

oak1971

I'd like to comment on many of these posts, but I do have to say, there is a lot of speculation and no of knowledge of their security.

It really doesn't matter now that the guns have been stolen. Whatever the case, I would wager they will make it more difficult for the next criminal to break in.