Thread: trip to las vegas

trip to las vegas

Im from arizona and I am planning a road trip to Las Vegas at the end of the month and want to take my handgun along for the ride. What is the law when i pass into Nevada boundaries? I do not plan to oc or have the gun on my person at all, just want protection for the rode and it will stay in the car. Anyone know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by PYRO PSR View Post
    Im from arizona and I am planning a road trip to Las Vegas at the end of the month and want to take my handgun along for the ride. What is the law when i pass into Nevada boundaries? I do not plan to oc or have the gun on my person at all, just want protection for the rode and it will stay in the car. Anyone know about this?
    You are good to go. Just don't conceal it upon your person unless you have a CC permit valid in Nevada. Open or concealed in the vehicle (glove box) is A-OK.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    You are good to go. Just don't conceal it upon your person unless you have a CC permit valid in Nevada. Open or concealed in the vehicle (glove box) is A-OK.

TBG
    North Las Vegas is a different matter.

The car does not conceal.

OC on your person in the car is legal.

If you have an AZ cpl, it is recognized in NV.

There might be some differences at the dam if you are transiting, I do not know them.
    Last edited by wrightme; 09-03-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

When did arizona get back reciprocity with their permit? I thought that went away about a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlittlerobot View Post
    When did arizona get back reciprocity with their permit? I thought that went away about a year or so ago.
    http://www.stillwaterfirearms.org/Pages/CCW_FAQ.php

Bottom of the page. 01JUL2011
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Link to the official Nevada DPS site that lists permits that are recognised here.

Very cool update from July. Thanks for the reply