Thread: Wallingford's Lieutenant Martino clears himself of wrongdoing...

Wallingford's Lieutenant Martino clears himself of wrongdoing...

By investigating himself. Which appears to be a pattern in the Wallingford PD.

http://www.ct.com/news/advocates/lat...,2260498.story

Founder's Club Member
    This is a surprise?

There is a reason men like Thomas Jefferson said government is a necessary evil. Emphasis here on the word evil.

Government exists and operates from a criminal premise--that it is OK to coercively seize private property (money) from individuals against their consent. Think taxes. The opportunities for criminality, corruption, abuse spiral outward from there.

About the most you can say in a situation like the one reported is that the criminals in certain other police departments at least have enough sense to have other cops do the investigating and cover-up clearing.

Always insist on sophisticated criminal overlords, the best available. Never settle for second-rate criminal overlords.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    The poor man just wouldn't be able to sleep at night if he had found himself guilty of anything.

In Federalist #51 Madison wrote:

"But what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

Does Wallingford PD have some special connection to the Man Upstairs?

Sweeet!

So let me get this right. They cop that is charged with investigating complaints against the department, orders the wrongful arrest of a citizen. When challenged, he orders and investigation into the matter and assigned himself as the investigating officer investigating himself for which he promptly clears himself of any wrongdoing. Nice!!! I want that job!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

"Here sir, the people govern." -- Alexander Hamilton (speech in the New York ratifying convention, 17 June 1788) Reference: The Debates of the Several State..., Elliot, vol. 2 (348)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    SNIP Does Wallingford PD have some special connection to the Man Upstairs?
    Not upstairs, no.

Reminds me of a Mark Twain insult. A fella who believed the Shakespeare plays were written by Francis Bacon was trying to get Twain to take the same position. Twain's position was that he was certain the plays weren't written by the Stratford-on-Avon Shakespeare; but that he couldn't say for sure Bacon was the author. Twain tried to end the conversation:

Twain: "I suppose I'll just have to wait til I get to heaven to ask him."

Man: "Oh, you won't find in him heaven."

Twain: "Fine. Then you ask him."
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-05-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Ya just can't make this stuff up...

So the BOP was dismissed on May 25, by a prosecutor who knew bloody well there was no probable cause, and the same cop who instigated the whole mess investigates and clears himself; Wallingford will richly deserve what they get slammed with in Rich's Federal suit, for hiring cops who think they can do whatever they please under color of law. Rich, take 'em to the cleaners!

Duane

Breach vs. Disorderly

To set the record straight,

Rich was verbally taken into custody for Breach of Peace but later officially charged and booked on the charge of Disorderly Conduct.
    It was the charge of Disorderly Conduct that was dismissed outright in court on his first appearance.