Thread: First OC in Redding

First OC in Redding

So I got off work and decided to take the dogs on a walk around the block. Got the gun, holster, and ammo together, rounded up the pups and went. Ran into multiple people walking their dogs on the same street. Didnt even get a second look, had a long chat with a older gentalman about his dog. I know he saw it, he looked right at it, and to my amazement he didnt even ask me about it. So all in all it was a very good experience, and am looking forward to doing it again, maybe next time I'll go get coffee at the local SB i hear they are OC friendly??
    thanks for reading
    martin2145

Quote Originally Posted by martin2145 View Post
    So all in all it was a very good experience, and am looking forward to doing it again, maybe next time I'll go get coffee at the local SB i hear they are OC friendly??
    Starbucks is simply neutral ground. After the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence had circulated a petition demanding Starbucks refuse service to those obeying the law, the company responded back in February 2010, by indicating that they would continue to provide service to their customers, armed or not. They made it pretty clear that they would not be drawn into a political battle to be used as a pawn.

This isnt to say that baristas wont get bug-eyed over a chunk of metal on your hip.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

All I've ever asked is that places be as 'firearms neutral' as they are 'race, creed, color, national origin, and whatever else' neutral.

Ah here are the bonus questions....
    did you have a recorder on you, recording the whole time? Audio? video?
    did you carry sterile (no ID in your wallet or on your person)
    did you carry pamphlets or handouts on you to give to people if they asked?
    did you have your lawyers business card on you in case you needed to contact?
    did you identify all your school zones beforehand, and stay 1000ft or greater away from them?
    did you research what training your local law enforcement has recieved regarding OC? do you know how they might respond?
    did your dogs have proper licenscing displayed on their collars?
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!