• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC in Redding

martin2145

So I got off work and decided to take the dogs on a walk around the block. Got the gun, holster, and ammo together, rounded up the pups and went. Ran into multiple people walking their dogs on the same street. Didnt even get a second look, had a long chat with a older gentalman about his dog. I know he saw it, he looked right at it, and to my amazement he didnt even ask me about it. So all in all it was a very good experience, and am looking forward to doing it again, maybe next time I'll go get coffee at the local SB i hear they are OC friendly??
thanks for reading
martin2145

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
So all in all it was a very good experience, and am looking forward to doing it again, maybe next time I'll go get coffee at the local SB i hear they are OC friendly??

Starbucks is simply neutral ground. After the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence had circulated a petition demanding Starbucks refuse service to those obeying the law, the company responded back in February 2010, by indicating that they would continue to provide service to their customers, armed or not. They made it pretty clear that they would not be drawn into a political battle to be used as a pawn.

This isnt to say that baristas wont get bug-eyed over a chunk of metal on your hip.

Firemark

Ah here are the bonus questions....
did you have a recorder on you, recording the whole time? Audio? video?
did you carry sterile (no ID in your wallet or on your person)
did you carry pamphlets or handouts on you to give to people if they asked?
did you have your lawyers business card on you in case you needed to contact?
did you identify all your school zones beforehand, and stay 1000ft or greater away from them?
did you research what training your local law enforcement has recieved regarding OC? do you know how they might respond?
did your dogs have proper licenscing displayed on their collars?