• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO OC in Action Impact of Southfield

Racer1892

I OC all day everyday for work I work in foreclosed properties I serve notices and take care of vacant properties from Detroit to Flint. I stopped off at Action Impact just to check it out their range some no neck jerk got tough with me and said "cover it up" I said are you kidding this is Michigan OC is legal to which he stated "people get nervous in a gun shop" I laughed and said I would just leave. So I called to store and asked for an owner I explained my issues to the nasty man that didn't speak English well and he simply said "we have our own rules" to which I said I wont be back. Can't OC in a gun shop you have got to be kidding.

Michigander

They are also well known for their awful gun, ammo and other gear prices, and their even worse course material for their cheap but awful classes.

Buying from them is in no way something that can be suggested.

DanM

They are also well known for their awful gun, ammo and other gear prices, and their even worse course material for their cheap but awful classes.

Buying from them is in no way something that can be suggested.

Don't know about their classes but concur that their prices are for suckers. Been there once, never been back.

Stay out of their shop and, besides saving yourself money, you won't be supporting a gun business that is hypocritically anti lawful carry.

Racer1892

Thanks Stainless I OC like I said for my job I have had problems with Detroit PD in the past about OC and am glad to be part of this community, so hopefully we can normalize guns in a state where lawful fire arms are NEEDED

cmdr_iceman71

No, that was Target Sports which are Open Carry friendly.

Yeah I've only been in the Southfield's Action Impact once, this was before I learned about OC. I was unimpressed and the prices seemed sky high.

Nonetheless, that's why as of late I have found myself patronizing Target Sports more than Double Action because like Action Impact they too have that dreadful CC policy. I like to spend my money at establishments that honor my right to bear arms and dont treat me like some potential criminal.

Racer1892

Well said I also frequent both Target Sports locations awesome ranges good prices and really nice people.

Last edited: