Thread: Strategy for removing all prohibited places in one session?

Strategy for removing all prohibited places in one session?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf

Ignorant statists are impressed by the word "training." For example, one reason Americans trust men in black uniforms is that "they're trained."

Starting on page 2, you can read about some more perks for permittees in a law passed by Mississippi. It looks like you get their basic permit just by a background check. Now, if you get special training, you can carry everywhere except courtrooms during judicial proceedings and detention centers. The NRA loves P4P so I think this would be a good idea here in Fl. Of course, Fl requires "training" to get a permit, period. But some "enhanced" training requirements could be devised here.

You're going to have a real tough time, IMO, removing K-12 and athletic events from the list otherwise. And apparently colleges too. Afterall, Thrasher was able to kill it all by himself, so it must not enjoy that much support.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

It sounds like something that could work. I really just want to see colleges and alcohol dispensing areas crossed off the list though. It sucks that I'm going to be disarmed 2 days a week and can't be near the bar area of a restaurant.
    Last edited by KeepShootin; 09-05-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepShootin View Post
    It sounds like something that could work. I really just want to see colleges and alcohol dispensing areas crossed off the list though. It sucks that I'm going to be disarmed 2 days a week and can't be near the bar area of a restaurant.

I'd like schools off there too, so when i go visit my son's class, i will be prepared if some looney comes in.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.