• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Strategy for removing all prohibited places in one session?

77zach

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf

Ignorant statists are impressed by the word "training." For example, one reason Americans trust men in black uniforms is that "they're trained."

Starting on page 2, you can read about some more perks for permittees in a law passed by Mississippi. It looks like you get their basic permit just by a background check. Now, if you get special training, you can carry everywhere except courtrooms during judicial proceedings and detention centers. The NRA loves P4P so I think this would be a good idea here in Fl. Of course, Fl requires "training" to get a permit, period. But some "enhanced" training requirements could be devised here.

You're going to have a real tough time, IMO, removing K-12 and athletic events from the list otherwise. And apparently colleges too. Afterall, Thrasher was able to kill it all by himself, so it must not enjoy that much support.

KeepShootin

It sounds like something that could work. I really just want to see colleges and alcohol dispensing areas crossed off the list though. It sucks that I'm going to be disarmed 2 days a week and can't be near the bar area of a restaurant.

Last edited:

hammer6

It sounds like something that could work. I really just want to see colleges and alcohol dispensing areas crossed off the list though. It sucks that I'm going to be disarmed 2 days a week and can't be near the bar area of a restaurant.

I'd like schools off there too, so when i go visit my son's class, i will be prepared if some looney comes in.