Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Wish List

  1. #1
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795

    Post Wish List

    I did a quick search and didn't find any threads like this, so I figured I'd throw it out there. What guns are currently on your wish list-not what would you like to have, but what do you honestly plan to buy? I mean, I'd love to have an M60 or a Thompson but I really don't feel like dropping BMW money on a couple of guns, so I don't plan on ever actively acquiring one of those. Part of the purpose of this thread is to expose each other to a make and model that we might not have considered previously.

    I've only got four so far (as seen in my signature), so right now I have a pretty decent sized list going, which will increase in size after I get exposed to more (mostly rifles). So here goes:

    -Ruger SR-556. I don't have much interest in building an AR, and Ruger's piston system seems like a great platform. Not to mention all the other bells and whistles it already comes with.

    -M1 Carbine. My grandfather has two of these and has already told me one of them will be mine soon. Definitely one of the most fun weapons I've ever shot

    -Remington M700. Yes, another one. I'm left-handed and would love to have a left-handed model in .308 with a heavy barrel.

    -Remington 870. In 12ga with the shortest barrel and the longest magazine tube they make. Still don't have a pump shotty. I like this one the most.

    -.22LR semi-auto rifle. I'll probably go with a second hand (or 3rd or 4th) 10/22 or whatever comes my way. I may go with a Walther G22. For those that don't know, this is Walther's complement to the P22. It's a bullpup .22 rifle with a reversible bolt (for lefties like me). That one's a maybe. I'd love to have one but don't know if I really want to buy one.

    -.22LR bolt action

    -Ruger MarkII (or MkIII if I can't find one) with a heavy barrel. I need a .22 pistol for plinking.

    -Springfield Armory 1911A1 Mil-Spec. Unless I can find a really nice one from another maker-maybe an SR1911 if I could ever find one.

    -Browning Hi-Power MkIII (Gotta have that ambi safety). I really just want a steel framed 9mm. I'd prefer the Browning but would gladly accept a lightly used SIG P226

    -H&K HK45. This is my ideal EDC weapon-it's light, comfortable, shoots .45 and has a relatively high capacity. The day I acquire this weapon it will be my most carried pistol.

    -Walther PPK .32 ACP. I love Walthers. I want more and want this one and the next one for historical reasons.

    -Walther P38. A postwar model because they're made better. This is one of the most accurate 9mms I've ever fired.

    -Walther PPS. I wouldn't mind having a compact 9mm.

    -A .44 Magnum. I'd love to have a Colt Anaconda, but yeah I know, good luck finding one for a decent price. Anything with a long barrel from Colt, S&W or Ruger would be nice and accurate. Ruger Super Redhawk and S&W 29 seem to be the most practically priced, and it's entirely possible that I'd find one second hand.

    -Ruger SP101 .327 Federal Magnum

    -Ruger LCR .357. Seems like it would make an excellent CC revolver. The trigger is like sex on my fingers.

    -Ruger Security Six or S&W Model 13/19. Really I just want a nice medium frame 6-shot double action .357 that would be good for OC when I feel like a wheel gun.

    That's 6 long guns and 11 pistols, on top of the 2 and 3 that I already own. Just enough to fill up a modestly sized gun safe. I fully expect to take 20 years or so to acquire all of these, and I fully expect to take off or add a few before I'm done-maybe even before this thread's popularity fades.
    Last edited by SovereignAxe; 01-30-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558
    When I return from deployment I WILL be picking up some new toys....I mean necessary home defense equipment. Mya not get all of them nut I have my

    1. RRA M4 tactical Operator 2 carbine
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=464

    2. SOCOM CQB M1A ENHANCED RIFLE

    3. NHC Predator 1911

    4.V94 MP5 Style Pistol 9mm
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct902.aspx
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

  3. #3
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    When I return from deployment I WILL be picking up some new toys....I mean necessary home defense equipment. Mya not get all of them nut I have my

    1. RRA M4 tactical Operator 2 carbine
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=464

    2. SOCOM CQB M1A ENHANCED RIFLE

    3. NHC Predator 1911

    4.V94 MP5 Style Pistol 9mm
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct902.aspx
    You know...I thought about putting some sort of M1A on my list, but decided against it as I'll probably never bring myself to spend that much money on a rifle. I'd go through .308s WAYYYY to quick.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  4. #4
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    I want a pony that wears metal warhorse armour and fitted with a minigun.

    But that's why it's called a 'wish list' ... right? right.

    Oh, and a golden desert eagle so I can play Call of Duty while at the firing range
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Right now I just wish the Cafe would hurry up and open so I can get some Bacon.

  6. #6
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241
    AR in .308 for hunting.
    Stainless Revolver in .357 or a .41 Mag for an AR hunting companion.

    Yep, that’s all!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    228
    686+ 2.5" or 3" without ILS

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    - two more 10/22s
    - one bolt action 22lr
    - one semi auto 22WMR
    - Keltec 9mm pistol
    - Marine Mossberg shotgun
    - semi auto carbine in a pistol cartridge
    - " " that is legally a pistol, with 12" barrel
    - Huge NFA silencer for previous wishlist item
    - Peacemaker
    - Ruger revolver with interchangeable 22lr and 22wmr cylinders
    - Ruger sr-556
    - Rem 700 in 338 Lapua with 10 rd detachable magazine
    - Barret semi auto.
    - M2 semi auto
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  9. #9
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    - two more 10/22s
    - one bolt action 22lr
    - one semi auto 22WMR
    - Keltec 9mm pistol
    - Marine Mossberg shotgun
    - semi auto carbine in a pistol cartridge
    - " " that is legally a pistol, with 12" barrel
    - Huge NFA silencer for previous wishlist item
    - Peacemaker
    - Ruger revolver with interchangeable 22lr and 22wmr cylinders
    - Ruger sr-556
    - Rem 700 in 338 Lapua with 10 rd detachable magazine
    - Barret semi auto.
    - M2 semi auto
    ooooooo, that's a good one. I meant to put +detachable magazine for my 700. .338 Lapua however...I'm undecided on that round. It hasn't quite caught on as much as you'd think it would. If it were a little more popular, and I had enough land to take advantage of its range, I'd definitely go for one.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Mossberg 500
    Armalite AR50A1
    FN SLP MKI Competition Shotgun
    Super Shorty
    FN Five Seven
    S&W Governor
    Armalite AR10
    Remington 870 20ga
    Barrett 82A1
    Barrett 98B
    Kriss Super V SBR and suppressed
    Beretta CX4 Storm .45
    H&K MP5
    Ruger GP100 .357
    Springfield Armory XD9
    Springfield Armory PX1954LP
    FN FNP-45
    Taurus Judge
    Ruger Super Redhawk .44
    Ruger SP101 .327
    Glock 20 10mm
    Glock 19
    Barrett M107A1
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    I probably have more than I need but never more than I want. Some guns I want:

    Springfield EMP
    FN SCAR
    Enfield #4 MkI
    Ruger LCR
    Springfield M1A
    10-15 more 1911s (have 4 now)

    If I had $1,000,000 I am pretty sure I could spend it on guns...lol
    Last edited by thebigsd; 09-07-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    229
    A Dillon MiniGun, and an unlimited supply of ammo (including tracers) and barrels. (really, I really want that!)

    FN Five seveN
    FN PS90

  13. #13
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by merc460 View Post
    A Dillon MiniGun, and an unlimited supply of ammo (including tracers) and barrels. (really, I really want that!)

    FN Five seveN
    FN PS90
    Get your class III's and drop the 'S', P90>PS90

    ... Or just get elected to like, a Constable or some other 'LEO' job with bare minimal requirements and for go all the legal red tape... That works too~
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 09-08-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  14. #14
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    I really only want 2 more B.A.R and a Maw Deuce.

    Well, maybe after I hit a couple more banks.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  15. #15
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    M-61A1 Vulcan and 60,000 rounds of 20MM HE--enough for 10 minutes.
    Nighthawk Talon II with hand embossed holster from them.

    I have simple tastes.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  16. #16
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Mossberg 500
    Armalite AR50A1
    FN SLP MKI Competition Shotgun
    Super Shorty
    FN Five Seven
    S&W Governor
    Armalite AR10
    Remington 870 20ga
    Barrett 82A1
    Barrett 98B
    Kriss Super V SBR and suppressed
    Beretta CX4 Storm .45
    H&K MP5
    Ruger GP100 .357
    Springfield Armory XD9
    Springfield Armory PX1954LP
    FN FNP-45
    Taurus Judge
    Ruger Super Redhawk .44
    Ruger SP101 .327
    Glock 20 10mm
    Glock 19
    Barrett M107A1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    M-61A1 Vulcan and 60,000 rounds of 20MM HE--enough for 10 minutes.
    Nighthawk Talon II with hand embossed holster from them.

    I have simple tastes.
    I would like to change my list. I want your bank accounts.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I would like to change my list. I want your bank accounts.
    Not sure about anyone else, but my wish list has nothing to do with my will get or can afford lists. Its the list I'd use if I had a genie.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  18. #18
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Not sure about anyone else, but my wish list has nothing to do with my will get or can afford lists. Its the list I'd use if I had a genie.
    well, that's why I put in the stipulation about guns you really want to buy with your own money. If it was if we all had genies I'm pretty sure everyone would have the same list. M1 Abrams, M134 minigun, GAU-8, M-2, Barrett M-82, etc.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  19. #19
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    Mossberg 12 Ga. w/ Slug barrel and birdshot barrel (2) in Camo...
    Anything tactical in a .308 w/scope and bi-pod....
    Anything .50 Cal. w/ scope and pod...
    Anything Fully Automatic w/ folding stock...
    Thompson .45 Cal w/ a couple of drum Mags...
    Colt 1911 in .45 cal.
    Not a firearm but also some (3) extra 30 round Mags for the V-Mac 10 in .45 Cal. of course...

    Thats about it...

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    ooooooo, that's a good one. I meant to put +detachable magazine for my 700. .338 Lapua however...I'm undecided on that round. It hasn't quite caught on as much as you'd think it would. If it were a little more popular, and I had enough land to take advantage of its range, I'd definitely go for one.
    it will never become highly popular. There simply is not the market for it. It is a high power round for very long distance shooting and is comparable to the 50 bmg in killing meat bags at long range with few shots. I'd bet surplus 50 bmg is cheaper than the lapua, making that round one for foreign governments and people not concerned with ammo prices. Its on my list because it can fit in a 700 platform (I think) and the recoil is low enough to only be high instead of dislocate your arm or break something high for normalish weight rifles. I'm fairly certain it would be a custom build however which is why I went ahead with detachable mag since that is common in the custom builds Rem does for LEO/military sales. One day I might be able to have such a rifle, but it will not be any time soon.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  21. #21
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    Almost what Gunslinger wants:

    M-61A1 Vulcan with hand embossed holster for it.

    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I would like to change my list. I want your bank accounts.
    It will take a while, but I will have all of those...and more when the become available.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  23. #23
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    Almost what Gunslinger wants:

    M-61A1 Vulcan with hand embossed holster for it.

    That will take a whole bunch of cows...
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  24. #24
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    it will never become highly popular. There simply is not the market for it. It is a high power round for very long distance shooting and is comparable to the 50 bmg in killing meat bags at long range with few shots. I'd bet surplus 50 bmg is cheaper than the lapua, making that round one for foreign governments and people not concerned with ammo prices. Its on my list because it can fit in a 700 platform (I think) and the recoil is low enough to only be high instead of dislocate your arm or break something high for normalish weight rifles. I'm fairly certain it would be a custom build however which is why I went ahead with detachable mag since that is common in the custom builds Rem does for LEO/military sales. One day I might be able to have such a rifle, but it will not be any time soon.
    Actually, the .338 Lapua magnum is very popular in sniper rifles--the Marines seem to prefer it over the .50BMG out to 1500 yards. Ronnie Barret chambers both rounds in his semi and bolt guns. It is very flat shooting and has much less recoil and is easier to supress than the BMG round. but I think you're right about the costs. They are more expensive in the civilian market than the .50s from what I've seen.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  25. #25
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Actually, the .338 Lapua magnum is very popular in sniper rifles--the Marines seem to prefer it over the .50BMG out to 1500 yards. Ronnie Barret chambers both rounds in his semi and bolt guns. It is very flat shooting and has much less recoil and is easier to supress than the BMG round. but I think you're right about the costs. They are more expensive in the civilian market than the .50s from what I've seen.
    Every reason you listed seems to me like it would make it more popular in the civilian market, and therefore cheaper.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •