• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wish List

SovereignAxe

I did a quick search and didn't find any threads like this, so I figured I'd throw it out there. What guns are currently on your wish list-not what would you like to have, but what do you honestly plan to buy? I mean, I'd love to have an M60 or a Thompson but I really don't feel like dropping BMW money on a couple of guns, so I don't plan on ever actively acquiring one of those. Part of the purpose of this thread is to expose each other to a make and model that we might not have considered previously.

I've only got four so far (as seen in my signature), so right now I have a pretty decent sized list going, which will increase in size after I get exposed to more (mostly rifles). So here goes:

-Ruger SR-556. I don't have much interest in building an AR, and Ruger's piston system seems like a great platform. Not to mention all the other bells and whistles it already comes with.

-M1 Carbine. My grandfather has two of these and has already told me one of them will be mine soon. Definitely one of the most fun weapons I've ever shot

-Remington M700. Yes, another one. I'm left-handed and would love to have a left-handed model in .308 with a heavy barrel.

-Remington 870. In 12ga with the shortest barrel and the longest magazine tube they make. Still don't have a pump shotty. I like this one the most.

-.22LR semi-auto rifle. I'll probably go with a second hand (or 3rd or 4th) 10/22 or whatever comes my way. I may go with a Walther G22. For those that don't know, this is Walther's complement to the P22. It's a bullpup .22 rifle with a reversible bolt (for lefties like me). That one's a maybe. I'd love to have one but don't know if I really want to buy one.

-.22LR bolt action

-Ruger MarkII (or MkIII if I can't find one) with a heavy barrel. I need a .22 pistol for plinking.

-Springfield Armory 1911A1 Mil-Spec. Unless I can find a really nice one from another maker-maybe an SR1911 if I could ever find one.

-Browning Hi-Power MkIII (Gotta have that ambi safety). I really just want a steel framed 9mm. I'd prefer the Browning but would gladly accept a lightly used SIG P226

-H&K HK45. This is my ideal EDC weapon-it's light, comfortable, shoots .45 and has a relatively high capacity. The day I acquire this weapon it will be my most carried pistol.

-Walther PPK .32 ACP. I love Walthers. I want more and want this one and the next one for historical reasons.

-Walther P38. A postwar model because they're made better. This is one of the most accurate 9mms I've ever fired.

-Walther PPS. I wouldn't mind having a compact 9mm.

-A .44 Magnum. I'd love to have a Colt Anaconda, but yeah I know, good luck finding one for a decent price. Anything with a long barrel from Colt, S&W or Ruger would be nice and accurate. Ruger Super Redhawk and S&W 29 seem to be the most practically priced, and it's entirely possible that I'd find one second hand.

-Ruger SP101 .327 Federal Magnum

-Ruger LCR .357. Seems like it would make an excellent CC revolver. The trigger is like sex on my fingers.

-Ruger Security Six or S&W Model 13/19. Really I just want a nice medium frame 6-shot double action .357 that would be good for OC when I feel like a wheel gun.

That's 6 long guns and 11 pistols, on top of the 2 and 3 that I already own. Just enough to fill up a modestly sized gun safe. I fully expect to take 20 years or so to acquire all of these, and I fully expect to take off or add a few before I'm done-maybe even before this thread's popularity fades.

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

When I return from deployment I WILL be picking up some new toys....I mean necessary home defense equipment. Mya not get all of them nut I have my

1. RRA M4 tactical Operator 2 carbine
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=464

2. SOCOM CQB M1A ENHANCED RIFLE

3. NHC Predator 1911

4.V94 MP5 Style Pistol 9mm
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct902.aspx

You know...I thought about putting some sort of M1A on my list, but decided against it as I'll probably never bring myself to spend that much money on a rifle. I'd go through .308s WAYYYY to quick.

DrakeZ07

I want a pony that wears metal warhorse armour and fitted with a minigun.

But that's why it's called a 'wish list' ... right? right.

Oh, and a golden desert eagle so I can play Call of Duty while at the firing range :D

jbone

AR in .308 for hunting.
Stainless Revolver in .357 or a .41 Mag for an AR hunting companion.

Yep, that’s all!

Daylen

- two more 10/22s
- one bolt action 22lr
- one semi auto 22WMR
- Keltec 9mm pistol
- Marine Mossberg shotgun
- semi auto carbine in a pistol cartridge
- " " that is legally a pistol, with 12" barrel
- Huge NFA silencer for previous wishlist item
- Peacemaker
- Ruger revolver with interchangeable 22lr and 22wmr cylinders
- Ruger sr-556
- Rem 700 in 338 Lapua with 10 rd detachable magazine
- Barret semi auto.
- M2 semi auto

SovereignAxe

- two more 10/22s
- one bolt action 22lr
- one semi auto 22WMR
- Keltec 9mm pistol
- Marine Mossberg shotgun
- semi auto carbine in a pistol cartridge
- " " that is legally a pistol, with 12" barrel
- Huge NFA silencer for previous wishlist item
- Peacemaker
- Ruger revolver with interchangeable 22lr and 22wmr cylinders
- Ruger sr-556
- Rem 700 in 338 Lapua with 10 rd detachable magazine
- Barret semi auto.
- M2 semi auto

ooooooo, that's a good one. I meant to put +detachable magazine for my 700. .338 Lapua however...I'm undecided on that round. It hasn't quite caught on as much as you'd think it would. If it were a little more popular, and I had enough land to take advantage of its range, I'd definitely go for one.

protias

Mossberg 500
Armalite AR50A1
FN SLP MKI Competition Shotgun
Super Shorty
FN Five Seven
S&W Governor
Armalite AR10
Remington 870 20ga
Barrett 82A1
Barrett 98B
Kriss Super V SBR and suppressed
Beretta CX4 Storm .45
H&K MP5
Ruger GP100 .357
Springfield Armory XD9
Springfield Armory PX1954LP
FN FNP-45
Taurus Judge
Ruger Super Redhawk .44
Ruger SP101 .327
Glock 20 10mm
Glock 19
Barrett M107A1

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I probably have more than I need but never more than I want. Some guns I want:

Springfield EMP
FN SCAR
Enfield #4 MkI
Ruger LCR
Springfield M1A
10-15 more 1911s (have 4 now)

If I had $1,000,000 I am pretty sure I could spend it on guns...lol

Last edited:

merc460

A Dillon MiniGun, and an unlimited supply of ammo (including tracers) and barrels. (really, I really want that!)

FN Five seveN
FN PS90

DrakeZ07

A Dillon MiniGun, and an unlimited supply of ammo (including tracers) and barrels. (really, I really want that!)

FN Five seveN
FN PS90

Get your class III's and drop the 'S', P90>PS90 :D

... Or just get elected to like, a Constable or some other 'LEO' job with bare minimal requirements and for go all the legal red tape... That works too~ :)

Last edited:

Gunslinger

M-61A1 Vulcan and 60,000 rounds of 20MM HE--enough for 10 minutes.
Nighthawk Talon II with hand embossed holster from them.

I have simple tastes.

SovereignAxe

Mossberg 500
Armalite AR50A1
FN SLP MKI Competition Shotgun
Super Shorty
FN Five Seven
S&W Governor
Armalite AR10
Remington 870 20ga
Barrett 82A1
Barrett 98B
Kriss Super V SBR and suppressed
Beretta CX4 Storm .45
H&K MP5
Ruger GP100 .357
Springfield Armory XD9
Springfield Armory PX1954LP
FN FNP-45
Taurus Judge
Ruger Super Redhawk .44
Ruger SP101 .327
Glock 20 10mm
Glock 19
Barrett M107A1

M-61A1 Vulcan and 60,000 rounds of 20MM HE--enough for 10 minutes.
Nighthawk Talon II with hand embossed holster from them.

I have simple tastes.

I would like to change my list. I want your bank accounts.

SovereignAxe

Not sure about anyone else, but my wish list has nothing to do with my will get or can afford lists. Its the list I'd use if I had a genie.

well, that's why I put in the stipulation about guns you really want to buy with your own money. If it was if we all had genies I'm pretty sure everyone would have the same list. M1 Abrams, M134 minigun, GAU-8, M-2, Barrett M-82, etc.

Outdoorsman1

Mossberg 12 Ga. w/ Slug barrel and birdshot barrel (2) in Camo...
Anything tactical in a .308 w/scope and bi-pod....
Anything .50 Cal. w/ scope and pod...
Anything Fully Automatic w/ folding stock...
Thompson .45 Cal w/ a couple of drum Mags...
Colt 1911 in .45 cal.
Not a firearm but also some (3) extra 30 round Mags for the V-Mac 10 in .45 Cal. of course...

Thats about it...

Outdoorsman1

Daylen

ooooooo, that's a good one. I meant to put +detachable magazine for my 700. .338 Lapua however...I'm undecided on that round. It hasn't quite caught on as much as you'd think it would. If it were a little more popular, and I had enough land to take advantage of its range, I'd definitely go for one.

it will never become highly popular. There simply is not the market for it. It is a high power round for very long distance shooting and is comparable to the 50 bmg in killing meat bags at long range with few shots. I'd bet surplus 50 bmg is cheaper than the lapua, making that round one for foreign governments and people not concerned with ammo prices. Its on my list because it can fit in a 700 platform (I think) and the recoil is low enough to only be high instead of dislocate your arm or break something high for normalish weight rifles. I'm fairly certain it would be a custom build however which is why I went ahead with detachable mag since that is common in the custom builds Rem does for LEO/military sales. One day I might be able to have such a rifle, but it will not be any time soon.