• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wish List

Gunslinger

it will never become highly popular. There simply is not the market for it. It is a high power round for very long distance shooting and is comparable to the 50 bmg in killing meat bags at long range with few shots. I'd bet surplus 50 bmg is cheaper than the lapua, making that round one for foreign governments and people not concerned with ammo prices. Its on my list because it can fit in a 700 platform (I think) and the recoil is low enough to only be high instead of dislocate your arm or break something high for normalish weight rifles. I'm fairly certain it would be a custom build however which is why I went ahead with detachable mag since that is common in the custom builds Rem does for LEO/military sales. One day I might be able to have such a rifle, but it will not be any time soon.

Actually, the .338 Lapua magnum is very popular in sniper rifles--the Marines seem to prefer it over the .50BMG out to 1500 yards. Ronnie Barret chambers both rounds in his semi and bolt guns. It is very flat shooting and has much less recoil and is easier to supress than the BMG round. but I think you're right about the costs. They are more expensive in the civilian market than the .50s from what I've seen.

SovereignAxe

Actually, the .338 Lapua magnum is very popular in sniper rifles--the Marines seem to prefer it over the .50BMG out to 1500 yards. Ronnie Barret chambers both rounds in his semi and bolt guns. It is very flat shooting and has much less recoil and is easier to supress than the BMG round. but I think you're right about the costs. They are more expensive in the civilian market than the .50s from what I've seen.

Every reason you listed seems to me like it would make it more popular in the civilian market, and therefore cheaper.

Daylen

Every reason you listed seems to me like it would make it more popular in the civilian market, and therefore cheaper.

There is no surplus Lapua, therefore there is no affordable Lapua. Remember 50 BMG is still heavily used in machine guns. That means there are HUGE amounts of this stuff being made. Much cheaper than something only used as a sniper round, even if the Lapua is smaller and has less powder. Economy of scale rules, its the same reason that 380 acp is more expensive than 9mm.

1245A Defender

well,,,

If I was a reloader, I would seriously wish to make a wildcat of 8mm and a necked down 338 mag to fit in my mauser.
Of course, If i was a reloader, I could probably achieve the desired 3000 fps speed in the 8mm by 57mm case without rechambering.
Unfortunately, that just doesnt sound like as much fun.

my collection of hand and long guns really covers all the bases, so their is nothing I need, but I should get at lease one more.
I tried to buy a star 9mm from my best friend, but he doesnt want one less, just so i can have one more.
I may go for a RIA double stack 45, if its shiny chrome.
AND maybe a PLR30 in 22 mag.
I dont know,,, I hate shopping,,, I dont mind spending though.

Last edited:

okboomer

What I want is one more of everything I have already, plus some pistols chambered in .45 and .40/10mm to make matched sets for a couple of the semis I already have.

There are also a few of the tribute 1911's that run in the NRA magazines that I would like to have.

What I really want is a kit for a bulldog gatlin ... I would seriously like to 'build my own' on that one!

As for long distance shots, my Remmington NIB 700 .308 was always the benchmark. I have it scoped properly, and have the proper ammo also. I have several other long distance rifles, bolt action and semi auto, so have that covered if needed, but will also add a .50 cal sniper or two semi.

Heck, I enjoy my long distance target practice ... I am competing with myself, since I can outshoot the ex :lol:

riflesMediumWebview.jpg

TheRatt

AR-15 in a M4 configuration
M1 grand
Taurus ranging judge
And a AK pistol
I have a thing for over the top handguns! I already have a M11 AB10 Bushmaster pistol and now a 27 rd mag for my glock

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Just so happens I already had a list ready to go.

Semi-auto handguns .40cal
Glock 22C
Springfield xdm 40
S&WSD40

.32acp
Kel Tec P32

Double-action revolvers
.327 Federal Magnum
Ruger SP101

.357 Magnum
Taurus model 65

.44 Magnum
Taurus model 44 $535

.410/.45 Colt
Taurus Judge 3" chamber 6" barrell

S&W 500

AR15
.22LR
Mossberg Tactical 22

5.56x45 NATO
DPMS Panther 5.56 NATO Sportical

7.62x51 NATO
DPMS Panther 7.62 NATO Sportical

Rifle, conventional
.22LR
Mossberg 802 Varmint Plinkster 87095

.308 Winchester
Mossberg 4x4

Shotgun 12GA
Mossberg 590 Mariner #50299
Mossberg 500 field/security combo #54169

For those of you wondering, yes the mariner is actually for carry on my pontoon boat. :banana:

SovereignAxe

Semi-auto handguns .40cal
Glock 22C
Springfield xdm 40
S&WSD40

.32acp
Kel Tec P32

Double-action revolvers
.327 Federal Magnum
Ruger SP101

.357 Magnum
Taurus model 65

.44 Magnum
Taurus model 44 $535

.410/.45 Colt
Taurus Judge 3" chamber 6" barrell

S&W 500

AR15
.22LR
Mossberg Tactical 22

5.56x45 NATO
DPMS Panther 5.56 NATO Sportical

7.62x51 NATO
DPMS Panther 7.62 NATO Sportical

Rifle, conventional
.22LR
Mossberg 802 Varmint Plinkster 87095

.308 Winchester
Mossberg 4x4

Shotgun 12GA
Mossberg 590 Mariner #50299
Mossberg 500 field/security combo #54169

For those of you wondering, yes the mariner is actually for carry on my pontoon boat. :banana:

mmmm, I'm adding these! The Ruger would make an excellent BUG and the Taurus (3" barrel) would make an excellent trail gun (copperheads and rattlesnakes are pretty common in my area).