• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Personal rights.....taken for granted too often.

Malcolm

How many people can you think of that could care less about the preservation of their rights? from the stereotypical thug yelling about the "5th" to the average joe who knows nothing about his 2A rights until someone breaks into his house.
I believe that people only want their rights when they need them. I've been in a lot of discussions about the American form of government lately and the conclusion that I've drawn is people only want a "democracy or republic" when things aren't going their way. If a monarchy offered the benefits or better than our society, would the population be exploding with unrest? No. They'd be sitting around eating Cheetos in their underwear. The point of this thread is to hear some input on human nature. do we only care about our freedoms when they're in jeopardy? Are we only thankful when the times are tough? Why? It's a little unnerving at times. How many people would trade a system of checks and balances for free cable t.v. and no rent?

An important reminder of where the world stands. can we get off the rope. I'm sick of staring at the abyss.

Go NRA for fighting the good fight when I'm too tired to go another round in the octagon.

SovereignAxe

I have to agree with you. The biggest enemy facing this country is apathy. Nobody cares about what goes on in government until it does something that causes them an inconvenience. And I believe that that has been reflected in election results/approval ratings for the past 10 or 15 years. It's had its roots being planted for the past 25+ years or so, but IMO it's gotten pretty bad with the rise of Generation X. Sadly I feel Generation Y is going to be worse.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
I am willing to bet that there are 535 voting members in DC that are counting on you to to take your rights for granted and hoping that you remain unaware of how the government is structured.

SovereignAxe

Well unfortunately for them I don't take my rights for granted, I'm pretty well aware of how DC is structured, and I'll be trying my hardest to get most of them voted out of office.

Daylen

I'm trying my hardest not to bash the NRA.

I think they got the memo, I've seen numerous recent cases of them taking a position for freedom. Maybe even monarchs can figure out when to change their ways to keep their job.