Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suitability study update - towns needed

Suitability study update - towns needed

Hello all,

The following list is all the towns I still need info from. If you can help supply it, it will be greatly appreciated. In only a few months of gathering data, we've helped over two dozen now permit holders navigate the system, so the information is helping!

Jonathan

Andover
    Ansonia
    Ashford
    Avon
    Barkhamsted
    Beacon Falls
    Berlin
    Bethany
    Bethel
    Bethlehem
    Bolton
    Branford
    Bridgeport
    Bridgewater
    Brookfield
    Brooklyn
    Burlington
    Canterbury
    Canton
    Chaplin
    Cheshire
    Chester
    Clinton
    Colchester
    Colebrook
    Columbia
    Coventry
    Cromwell
    Danbury
    Darien
    Deep River
    Derby
    Durham
    Eastford
    East Granby
    East Haddam
    East Hampton
    East Hartford
    East Haven
    East Lyme
    Easton
    East Windsor
    Ellington
    Enfield
    Essex
    Fairfield
    Farmington
    Franklin
    Glastonbury
    Granby
    Greenwich
    Griswold
    Groton
    Guilford
    Haddam
    Hamden
    Hampton
    Hartland
    Harwinton
    Hebron
    Kent
    Killingly
    Lebanon
    Ledyard
    Lisbon
    Litchfield
    Lyme
    Madison
    Mansfield
    Marlborough
    Middlebury
    Middlefield
    Milford
    Monroe
    Montville
    Morris
    Naugatuck
    New Canaan
    New Fairfield
    New Hartford
    New Milford
    Newtown
    North Branford
    North Canaan
    North Stonington
    Old Lyme
    Old Saybrook
    Oxford
    Plainfield
    Plainville
    Pomfret
    Portland
    Preston
    Prospect
    Putnam
    Redding
    Ridgefield
    Rocky Hill
    Roxbury
    Salem
    Scotland
    Shelton
    Sherman
    Somers
    Southbury
    South Windsor
    Sprague
    Stafford
    Stamford
    Sterling
    Stonington
    Suffield
    Thomaston
    Thompson
    Tolland
    Torrington
    Union
    Vernon
    Voluntown
    Warren
    Washington
    Waterford
    Watertown
    Westbrook
    West Haven
    Weston
    Westport
    Willington
    Wilton
    Winchester
    Windham
    Windsor
    Wolcott
    Woodbury
    Woodstock
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Hi Jonathan,

A woman my wife works with will be submitting her paperwork to Winchester later this year. I have already asked her to provide copies of the paperwork to me so I can scan it for you.

Thanks for everything you have done so far with this study.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Thanx!

My original intent was to help on the legislative front and with the BFPE (which it is doing rather well there).

Never realized how many people would contact me after seeing the info (just didn't cross my mind really).

Glad I can help our community on this one. If Middletown didn't rub me the wrong way, I probably wouldn't have jumped in this fight, this hard!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Last I knew but that was a few years ago.
    Monroe required 3 notarized letters of recommendation.

Custom:

Are you close enough to get me current copies of their paperwork? That would be really good to know.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    Custom:

Are you close enough to get me current copies of their paperwork? That would be really good to know.

Jonathan
    I used to live in Monroe my parents still do I live in Naugatuck now so I'm not in the area during business hours anymore.
    I'll see if I can get my brother or someone to stop in.
    Might be a little while.
    ~Justin

Could you clarify what you need here?
    I'm from Griswold and could probably get whatever you're looking for no problem.

Copies of paperwork handed out by the local issuing authorities - permit application.

Many have extra letters, memos, etc.

Many, have rather unfortunate, releases for medical, credit and other personal information as well as hold harmless agreements..... sad really.

All paperwork can be emailed to jonathan@ctgunsafety.com .

I will then post the information on the www.ctpistolpermitissues.com website.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

I've been picking up a few myself here and there, and I should have asked you before but....
    --should I/we be asking for just, a pistol permit application, and turn and walk, OR
    --should I/we be *asking* for any other "required" paperwork that they need, i.e. the bogus stuff

So far, all is good..........

Simply ask for the application. If they want additional info, paperwork, jumping through fire rings, etc. - they will give it to you at that time.

Thanx,

Jonathan

Okey doke...Thanks

Jonathan -

I stopped by and picked up the permit packet for Shelton. They only require your Birth certificate and Driver's license at time of application besides the state application and the fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mitola View Post
    Jonathan -

I stopped by and picked up the permit packet for Shelton. They only require your Birth certificate and Driver's license at time of application besides the state application and the fees.
    Hej Shawn! What happens if your birth cert is from another country?

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Hej Shawn! What happens if your birth cert is from another country?
    Nothing. They accept that just the same.

Jonathan,

Just thought I'd throw this out to anyone collecting app's, I have run across several towns that the town halls have referred me to the Resident State Troopers office. That is to say, that if there is a RST office in that town, they trump the town hall in regards to issueing permits....totally didn't think of that.

I have a few more to get before I get them to you.

Thanx!

If the town refers you to a resident trooper, they often ask you what town you are inquiring about and issue that towns papers.

We still need to get 'em all, thanx much!

Jonathan

Winchester PD - refused to provide application

Thanx!

My original intent was to help on the legislative front and with the BFPE (which it is doing rather well there).

Never realized how many people would contact me after seeing the info (just didn't cross my mind really).

Glad I can help our community on this one. If Middletown didn't rub me the wrong way, I probably wouldn't have jumped in this fight, this hard!

Jonathan

My wife's friend just went to Winchester PD to request an application and they refused to give her one unless she could provide proof of training. Looks like another violation of CGS Sec. 29-28a just like Hartford PD has been doing.

"When any such request is made in person at the office of the local authority, the local authority shall supply such application form immediately."

I will try to find out who she spoke to at the PD.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Kix saw your new post http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...search-Reports

Got me thinking I never got to monroe town hall sorry. But thought maybe they have it on their website and I was right.

http://www.monroectpolice.com/faq.aspx

Two (2) money orders: one (1) for $19.25 and one (1) for $50.00 made payable to "DPS" (Department of Public Safety)
    Certified check or money order for $70.00 made payable to "Monroe Police Department"
    Copy of your birth certificate
    Certificate or letter of competency from a certified NRA instructor
    Three (3) notarized character references from non-family members who have known the applicant for at least two years
    A recent passport size photo of the applicant

Your drivers license (the officer will make a copy of it)

Thanx for the info.

They even want the letters to be notarized.... tsk, tsk, tsk.....

Jonathan

I submitted mine for Colchester yesterday. They require app to be notarized, training certificate, and birth certificate. 3 checks, 1 for $15 to state treasurer for prints and 2 to DPS for $19.25&$50 for background checks. Then just fill out print cards. I'll let you know how long the complete process takes as soon as I receive it back.

Hello all,

The following list is all the towns I still need info from. If you can help supply it, it will be greatly appreciated. In only a few months of gathering data, we've helped over two dozen now permit holders navigate the system, so the information is helping!

Jonathan

Barkhamsted
    Jonathon,

I thought I had sent this to you for Barkhamsted but since I didn't see it on the list, here is it again. The Resident Trooper adds a copy of the state's application form and nothing more. Very straightforward.
    Attached Files Attached Files

application

i have a copy of the app i filled out in stonington and i have one blank from groton i only have hard copies and need to find a scanner somewhere so i can scan them to my computer and when i do that i would be more then happy to send them your way

Quote Originally Posted by jason84 View Post
    i have a copy of the app i filled out in stonington and i have one blank from groton i only have hard copies and need to find a scanner somewhere so i can scan them to my computer and when i do that i would be more then happy to send them your way
    Take a picture of it and send it to him. That's what I did, and it worked very well. You can get the distance just right so that only the document is in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsandhogs View Post
    Take a picture of it and send it to him. That's what I did, and it worked very well. You can get the distance just right so that only the document is in the photo.
    Thanx Jason.

Dogsandhogs is right. I can modify the contrast quite a bit so the info is at least readable for printing purposes and such.

Thanx,

Jonathan

Oxford PD didn't give any problems doing the fingerprinting and whatnot. They didn't require anything additional to what the state wants so no issue there either. You gotta time it right though as there isn't always someone at the station. Town hall screwed around for over a month before calling after it got back. It could have been the holidays but when I first called town hall she said she was working on getting the first selectman, and then when she finally called saying they were ready I was told she "just" got the paperwork. There was 29 days in-between those phone calls. No issues getting the temp permit from them though once the appointment was set, first selectman shook my hand, introduced himself and signed the paper. Was in and out in about 10 minutes. Hope the info helps.
    Last edited by gibson; 01-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast