• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suitability study update - towns needed

KIX

Hello all,

The following list is all the towns I still need info from. If you can help supply it, it will be greatly appreciated. In only a few months of gathering data, we've helped over two dozen now permit holders navigate the system, so the information is helping!

Jonathan

Andover
Ansonia
Ashford
Avon
Barkhamsted
Beacon Falls
Berlin
Bethany
Bethel
Bethlehem
Bolton
Branford
Bridgeport
Bridgewater
Brookfield
Brooklyn
Burlington
Canterbury
Canton
Chaplin
Cheshire
Chester
Clinton
Colchester
Colebrook
Columbia
Coventry
Cromwell
Danbury
Darien
Deep River
Derby
Durham
Eastford
East Granby
East Haddam
East Hampton
East Hartford
East Haven
East Lyme
Easton
East Windsor
Ellington
Enfield
Essex
Fairfield
Farmington
Franklin
Glastonbury
Granby
Greenwich
Griswold
Groton
Guilford
Haddam
Hamden
Hampton
Hartland
Harwinton
Hebron
Kent
Killingly
Lebanon
Ledyard
Lisbon
Litchfield
Lyme
Madison
Mansfield
Marlborough
Middlebury
Middlefield
Milford
Monroe
Montville
Morris
Naugatuck
New Canaan
New Fairfield
New Hartford
New Milford
Newtown
North Branford
North Canaan
North Stonington
Old Lyme
Old Saybrook
Oxford
Plainfield
Plainville
Pomfret
Portland
Preston
Prospect
Putnam
Redding
Ridgefield
Rocky Hill
Roxbury
Salem
Scotland
Shelton
Sherman
Somers
Southbury
South Windsor
Sprague
Stafford
Stamford
Sterling
Stonington
Suffield
Thomaston
Thompson
Tolland
Torrington
Union
Vernon
Voluntown
Warren
Washington
Waterford
Watertown
Westbrook
West Haven
Weston
Westport
Willington
Wilton
Winchester
Windham
Windsor
Wolcott
Woodbury
Woodstock

Freiheit417

Hi Jonathan,

A woman my wife works with will be submitting her paperwork to Winchester later this year. I have already asked her to provide copies of the paperwork to me so I can scan it for you.

Thanks for everything you have done so far with this study.

KIX

Thanx!

My original intent was to help on the legislative front and with the BFPE (which it is doing rather well there).

Never realized how many people would contact me after seeing the info (just didn't cross my mind really).

Glad I can help our community on this one. If Middletown didn't rub me the wrong way, I probably wouldn't have jumped in this fight, this hard!

Jonathan

KIX

Custom:

Are you close enough to get me current copies of their paperwork? That would be really good to know.

Jonathan

customcreationllc

Custom:

Are you close enough to get me current copies of their paperwork? That would be really good to know.

Jonathan

I used to live in Monroe my parents still do I live in Naugatuck now so I'm not in the area during business hours anymore.
I'll see if I can get my brother or someone to stop in.
Might be a little while.
~Justin

SickPythons

Could you clarify what you need here?
I'm from Griswold and could probably get whatever you're looking for no problem.

KIX

Copies of paperwork handed out by the local issuing authorities - permit application.

Many have extra letters, memos, etc.

Many, have rather unfortunate, releases for medical, credit and other personal information as well as hold harmless agreements..... sad really.

All paperwork can be emailed to jonathan@ctgunsafety.com .

I will then post the information on the www.ctpistolpermitissues.com website.

Jonathan

Ctclassic

Jonathan,

I've been picking up a few myself here and there, and I should have asked you before but....
--should I/we be asking for just, a pistol permit application, and turn and walk, OR
--should I/we be *asking* for any other "required" paperwork that they need, i.e. the bogus stuff

So far, all is good..........

KIX

Simply ask for the application. If they want additional info, paperwork, jumping through fire rings, etc. - they will give it to you at that time.

Thanx,

Jonathan

Shawn Mitola

Jonathan -

I stopped by and picked up the permit packet for Shelton. They only require your Birth certificate and Driver's license at time of application besides the state application and the fees.

hermannr

Jonathan -

I stopped by and picked up the permit packet for Shelton. They only require your Birth certificate and Driver's license at time of application besides the state application and the fees.

Hej Shawn! What happens if your birth cert is from another country?

Ctclassic

Jonathan,

Just thought I'd throw this out to anyone collecting app's, I have run across several towns that the town halls have referred me to the Resident State Troopers office. That is to say, that if there is a RST office in that town, they trump the town hall in regards to issueing permits....totally didn't think of that.

I have a few more to get before I get them to you.

KIX

Thanx!

If the town refers you to a resident trooper, they often ask you what town you are inquiring about and issue that towns papers.

We still need to get 'em all, thanx much!

Jonathan

Freiheit417

Winchester PD - refused to provide application

Thanx!

My original intent was to help on the legislative front and with the BFPE (which it is doing rather well there).

Never realized how many people would contact me after seeing the info (just didn't cross my mind really).

Glad I can help our community on this one. If Middletown didn't rub me the wrong way, I probably wouldn't have jumped in this fight, this hard!

Jonathan

My wife's friend just went to Winchester PD to request an application and they refused to give her one unless she could provide proof of training. Looks like another violation of CGS Sec. 29-28a just like Hartford PD has been doing.

"When any such request is made in person at the office of the local authority, the local authority shall supply such application form immediately."

I will try to find out who she spoke to at the PD.

customcreationllc

Kix saw your new post http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?98492-Office-of-Legislative-Research-Reports

Got me thinking I never got to monroe town hall sorry. But thought maybe they have it on their website and I was right.

http://www.monroectpolice.com/faq.aspx

Two (2) money orders: one (1) for $19.25 and one (1) for $50.00 made payable to "DPS" (Department of Public Safety)
Certified check or money order for $70.00 made payable to "Monroe Police Department"
Copy of your birth certificate
Certificate or letter of competency from a certified NRA instructor
Three (3) notarized character references from non-family members who have known the applicant for at least two years
A recent passport size photo of the applicant

Your drivers license (the officer will make a copy of it)

KIX

Thanx for the info.

They even want the letters to be notarized.... tsk, tsk, tsk.....

Jonathan

xjwalt666

I submitted mine for Colchester yesterday. They require app to be notarized, training certificate, and birth certificate. 3 checks, 1 for $15 to state treasurer for prints and 2 to DPS for $19.25&$50 for background checks. Then just fill out print cards. I'll let you know how long the complete process takes as soon as I receive it back.