Thread: Next San Diego County OC meet and greet.

Next San Diego County OC meet and greet.

La Mesa Oktoberfest is held the weekend of Sept 30, Oct 1-2.

La Mesa CA

Lets do a meet and greet on Friday and Sunday. There will be large crowds of people, parking will be an issue, research your school zones. Post here an RSVP if you will attend, we can hammer out details for dining and times before the date arrives.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Re: parking.
    The trolley station is right around the corner on Spring st. from Cosmo's coffee shop.
    It's a little early for me to chime in, but I'll try to make it.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Im not aware of the Trolleys policy, I would also assume that it would most likely run thru school zones. So if one chooses to use the trolley then LUCC might be the only safe way. then when at the festival find a restroom.

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Im not aware of the Trolleys policy, I would also assume that it would most likely run thru school zones. So if one chooses to use the trolley then LUCC might be the only safe way. then when at the festival find a restroom.
    What does LUCC mean? I would like to attend. I am new to OC so I am still looking stuff up on what I'm allowed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Carvajal View Post
    What does LUCC mean? I would like to attend. I am new to OC so I am still looking stuff up on what I'm allowed to do.
    LUCC refers to Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry. It is the legal means to carry your handgun in most places without restrictions (except school grounds and government buildings). The weapon must be unloaded, however the magazine with ammunition may be in the container, so long as it can not be manipulated into a position to be fired. The case must be completely enclosed and locked with a locking device so you can not get a finger inside to manipulate the weapon(key,padlock, tumble lock).

Click on my link in my signature and read, read, read, then watch at least 3 dozen videos on youtube about open carry.

LUCC refers to locked cased transportation. Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry or Locked Unloaded CASED Carry.
    Neither are accurate descriptors as this is not a form of carry at all. Techically, locked cased transportation is only an exemption to laws like 626.9, and 12025 which forbid possession of firearms.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

LUCC refers to Locked Unloaded Concealed Carry. It is the legal means to carry your handgun in most places without restrictions (except school grounds and government buildings). The weapon must be unloaded, however the magazine with ammunition may be in the container, so long as it can not be manipulated into a position to be fired. The case must be completely enclosed and locked with a locking device so you can not get a finger inside to manipulate the weapon(key,padlock, tumble lock).

Click on my link in my signature and read, read, read, then watch at least 3 dozen videos on youtube about open carry.
    I've been reading my eyes off and watching tons of videos. Its a little nerve racking. It's mostly the nervousness of getting confronted.

Thank you for your answer. I had to read it three times before it hit me. Locked Unloaded CONCEALED Carry. I missed the concealed part. Don't ask me how that happened.

As far as the meet and greet, if I transport my weapon in my trunk, do I just put it on right when I get there? How does that work?

I've been reading my eyes off and watching tons of videos. Its a little nerve racking. It's mostly the nervousness of getting confronted.

Thank you for your answer. I had to read it three times before it hit me. Locked Unloaded CONCEALED Carry. I missed the concealed part. Don't ask me how that happened.

As far as the meet and greet, if I transport my weapon in my trunk, do I just put it on right when I get there? How does that work?
    Transport in a trunk is considered a locked container, however once you open it you then have to don your gear, most likely in public in front of others, which may be construed by some observers as brandishing. Save yourself any potential problems, carry in a locked case or backpack, and find a secluded place to don your gear, away from public viewing. In the front seat of your car may be appropriate depending where you are located, a restroom might even be better, especially if its a single lockable room.

As for nerve racking, it doesnt have to be that way, you can make your own reality by your own efforts.
    Good UOC encounter.

Transport in a trunk is considered a locked container, however once you open it you then have to don your gear, most likely in public in front of others, which may be construed by some observers as brandishing. Save yourself any potential problems, carry in a locked case or backpack, and find a secluded place to don your gear, away from public viewing. In the front seat of your car may be appropriate depending where you are located, a restroom might even be better, especially if its a single lockable room.

As for nerve racking, it doesnt have to be that way, you can make your own reality by your own efforts.
    Good UOC encounter.
    Thanks again.

I read a story on some website, (can't remember which) the person writing the story said that after leaving one place, they got in there car and put there handgun in the front seat to go to another establishment. Is this ok?

I've been reading the 12025 and 12026.1 over and over. I'm having trouble understanding it.

Thanks again.

I read a story on some website, (can't remember which) the person writing the story said that after leaving one place, they got in there car and put there handgun in the front seat to go to another establishment. Is this ok?

I've been reading the 12025 and 12026.1 over and over. I'm having trouble understanding it.
    Technically, in California one could drive in a car from point A to point B and leave their unloaded handgun on the front seat in plain view, providing they do not drive thru a School Zone or onto government property. Should you be pulled over, even though you are technically within the law (if the above requirements are met) there is no guarantee that the Law enforcement officer would know the relevant penal codes and just let you go on your way. In all likelyhood, you would be held at gun point and proned out on the ground and then be searched and detained while the officer attempts to find some infraction of the law to assign to your legal action. (because LE are trained that all encounters with armed citizens are criminals, otherwise why would they be armed)

With GFSZ's being so prevalent and sometimes difficult to identify, it would be prudent to carry LUCC to avoid this potential encounter, driving thru GFSZ's are almost a certainty.

I suggest reading the Calguns Wiki on gun related questions.

Calguns FAQ wiki

it is one of the links in my signature line below, many questions you have, the answers can be found on the links listed on that forum string.

Technically, in California one could drive in a car from point A to point B and leave their unloaded handgun on the front seat in plain view, providing they do not drive thru a School Zone or onto government property. Should you be pulled over, even though you are technically within the law (if the above requirements are met) there is no guarantee that the Law enforcement officer would know the relevant penal codes and just let you go on your way. In all likelyhood, you would be held at gun point and proned out on the ground and then be searched and detained while the officer attempts to find some infraction of the law to assign to your legal action. (because LE are trained that all encounters with armed citizens are criminals, otherwise why would they be armed)

With GFSZ's being so prevalent and sometimes difficult to identify, it would be prudent to carry LUCC to avoid this potential encounter, driving thru GFSZ's are almost a certainty.

I suggest reading the Calguns Wiki on gun related questions.

Calguns FAQ wiki

it is one of the links in my signature line below, many questions you have, the answers can be found on the links listed on that forum string.
    Semper Fi! Thank you very much.

dont forget to rsvp so we have an idea who will show. Also, try and bring friends or family, the Oktoberfest is a large fun event.

Cool

I am 96.293% sure that I will be there.
    I just need to map my route since I live up in Oceanside, and know where exactly we are meeting up when we get there.

Hopefully, there is a good turn out.

The coffee shop Cosmos is a good meet spot. 6:30 pm...Friday the 30th.

outstanding..

Btt

I am going to forward the meet info to some possible first timers and see if they will go in my absence. I hope all it well with the SD crew.

I think I can hang out for awhile.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

Awesome.

I should be able to make it out too.

I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.
    Sorry.
    Last edited by Gabriel Carvajal; 09-30-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Nice carry meet, small intimate group of 3 OC'rs with spouse and children along, E-checks were friendly and cordial. Answered some curious questions from citizens and recieved accolades from some who knew about OC and supported what we were doing. No negative interactions no one ran screaming, nobody feinted.

Interesting side note, Seems a trend amongst LE (at least La Mesa PD) is to focus and zero in on the first OC'r they see and not be aware of their surroundings. 3 LEO's cue in on 1 of us and approached and conducted one E-check, but all 3 LEO's were so tunnel visioned NONE of them noticed 2 other OC'rs less than 10 feet away just observing. Even when they left the area, they didnt cue in that their was more than one of us.
    This is the second time this happend in the same city same street, same beat area.

Appears that sometimes situational awareness gets blinded, perhaps more training or experience is needed, they all looked like pretty young LEO's. Coopers color chart refresher perhaps.

Nice carry meet, small intimate group of 3 OC'rs with spouse and children along, E-checks were friendly and cordial. Answered some curious questions from citizens and recieved accolades from some who knew about OC and supported what we were doing. No negative interactions no one ran screaming, nobody feinted.

Interesting side note, Seems a trend amongst LE (at least La Mesa PD) is to focus and zero in on the first OC'r they see and not be aware of their surroundings. 3 LEO's cue in on 1 of us and approached and conducted one E-check, but all 3 LEO's were so tunnel visioned NONE of them noticed 2 other OC'rs less than 10 feet away just observing. Even when they left the area, they didnt cue in that their was more than one of us.
    This is the second time this happend in the same city same street, same beat area.

Appears that sometimes situational awareness gets blinded, perhaps more training or experience is needed, they all looked like pretty young LEO's. Coopers color chart refresher perhaps.
    This is precisely the advantage of keeping groups small and scattered. Logistically, it makes it impossible for the police to check everyone or to justify returning to check others who join later. This makes the experience more brief and less painful than everyone in your group being searched. It also shows onlookers that no one is going to jail for carrying a gun and not everyone gets hassled.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    This is precisely the advantage of keeping groups small and scattered. Logistically, it makes it impossible for the police to check everyone or to justify returning to check others who join later. This makes the experience more brief and less painful than everyone in your group being searched. It also shows onlookers that no one is going to jail for carrying a gun and not everyone gets hassled.
    Yes this is the tactic I have been using, and encouraging others to emulate, never move in large groups, split up and spread out cover each other with video but stay small 2- 5 max. Especially at large community events with big crowds. If your going to congregate find one place to sit down and be very casual and low key. Having spouses and children and cute friendly leashed dogs present also make you much more approachable too, softer image.

Perfect number to be approachable is 2-3 or a larger sitting group where 1 OC'r gets up to go buy something or use bathroom or move away from group for some reason. Cant tell you how many times this lone OC'r leaving the group gets hit up for some Q+A by a citizen to intimidated to approach a group.