Thread: SD city UOC lunch meet (Clairemont Square) Sat. Sept 17th.

SD city UOC lunch meet (Clairemont Square) Sat. Sept 17th.

Clairemont Square shopping center food court hasnt been utilized in quites some time, we will have a UOC lunch meet at 12 Noon on Saturday Sept. 17th.

First timers or forum lurkers are welcome, carrying is not a requirement to attend if you want to meet like minded people and get more info regarding UOC.

As always please do your own research regarding school zones and bring plenty of smiles, positive attitude, and handouts for the inquisitive public.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

hmmm... right down the road from me, with some soon to be friends, Mark me down for being there!

If my memory serves me correctly, I was at a meet here a few months ago.
    I'll try to make this one as well.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Due to busines, if I am able to make this one it will be my last for the year.

Count me in.

Barring some miracle, it appears we only a have few months of OC of hand-guns.

Good chance i'll be there with my anklebiter in toe.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Too bad we didn't schedule this for next weekend. According to their website http://clairemonttownsquare.com/events.html
    they have a car show on the 24th that would have made the crowd much bigger.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    Too bad we didn't schedule this for next weekend. According to their website http://clairemonttownsquare.com/events.html
    they have a car show on the 24th that would have made the crowd much bigger.
    Any reason we can't do both?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

I am working on the 24th so I cant schedule an OC event for that day.

But GUESS WHAT!!!!!

You have my permission to schedule an OC event that day, oh wait
    do you need my permission?
    Um you know anyone can throw an event up with a date and hope people show up...
    There is no 10 day waiting period, and no OC planning certificate is required.
    Its ok I wont take it personally

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Unfortunately, they changed my hours this week. Making me work saturday/sunday...

I'll be there.
    This will be my first. And hopefully not my last.

Hey Saturday the 17th is Constitution day. Be sure to bring a copy of the Constitution with ya!

I have been really inactive lately, but I guess it's a good thing I decided to check in on the forums this morning, see you all there.

What an amazing outing. 6 open carriers (1 first timer) young children as well. Lots of ordinary citizens and kids playing around us. No one ran away screaming or feinted. The best part was the security guards who came over and actually THANKED us for Open Carrying. Answered some questions from inquisitive public. Made plans for the next OC meet up. Discussed relevent current events topics and discussed Open Carry strategies.

I wish more people would show up, and stop being just online lurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    What an amazing outing. 6 open carriers (1 first timer) young children as well. Lots of ordinary citizens and kids playing around us. No one ran away screaming or feinted. The best part was the security guards who came over and actually THANKED us for Open Carrying. Answered some questions from inquisitive public. Made plans for the next OC meet up. Discussed relevent current events topics and discussed Open Carry strategies.

I wish more people would show up, and stop being just online lurkers.
    The movement is suffering a little 'Calguns attrition' and just had a significant blow with the legislature passing AB144. The big turnouts both helped and hurt us. They helped by exposing enough law enforcement to the practice that individuals werent approached with felony prone demands... and hurt us by instigating a certain legislative response.

I think this movement may have some legs left yet, but small groups (<4) are still much more favorable than an army of carriers. It also might be wise to keep things subdued until after Brown has taken action on AB144.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

It was I good meet. Nice seeing you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    It was I good meet. Nice seeing you all.

Yeah, sorta what he said
    Last edited by Gundude; 09-18-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    I think this movement may have some legs left yet, but small groups (<4) are still much more favorable than an army of carriers. It also might be wise to keep things subdued until after Brown has taken action on AB144.
    Pretty much all our get togethers are small groups, and subdued, with no fanfare or media. Thanks for your concern.

I had a good time at the meet. Great meeting you guys.
    UOC'd today. No one freaked out and no encounters. I honestly think people don't even notice. Mostly because they don't have situational awareness.