• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SD city UOC lunch meet (Clairemont Square) Sat. Sept 17th.

Firemark

Clairemont Square shopping center food court hasnt been utilized in quites some time, we will have a UOC lunch meet at 12 Noon on Saturday Sept. 17th.

First timers or forum lurkers are welcome, carrying is not a requirement to attend if you want to meet like minded people and get more info regarding UOC.

As always please do your own research regarding school zones and bring plenty of smiles, positive attitude, and handouts for the inquisitive public.

Ruiner.NIN

Count me in.

Barring some miracle, it appears we only a have few months of OC of hand-guns.

Firemark

I am working on the 24th so I cant schedule an OC event for that day.

But GUESS WHAT!!!!! :eek:

You have my permission to schedule an OC event that day, oh wait:shocker:
do you need my permission?:banghead:
Um you know anyone can throw an event up with a date and hope people show up...
There is no 10 day waiting period, and no OC planning certificate is required. ;)
Its ok I wont take it personally:cry:

Firemark

Hey Saturday the 17th is Constitution day. Be sure to bring a copy of the Constitution with ya!

dchase

I have been really inactive lately, but I guess it's a good thing I decided to check in on the forums this morning, see you all there.

Firemark

What an amazing outing. 6 open carriers (1 first timer) young children as well. Lots of ordinary citizens and kids playing around us. No one ran away screaming or feinted. The best part was the security guards who came over and actually THANKED us for Open Carrying. Answered some questions from inquisitive public. Made plans for the next OC meet up. Discussed relevent current events topics and discussed Open Carry strategies.

I wish more people would show up, and stop being just online lurkers.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
What an amazing outing. 6 open carriers (1 first timer) young children as well. Lots of ordinary citizens and kids playing around us. No one ran away screaming or feinted. The best part was the security guards who came over and actually THANKED us for Open Carrying. Answered some questions from inquisitive public. Made plans for the next OC meet up. Discussed relevent current events topics and discussed Open Carry strategies.

I wish more people would show up, and stop being just online lurkers.

The movement is suffering a little 'Calguns attrition' and just had a significant blow with the legislature passing AB144. The big turnouts both helped and hurt us. They helped by exposing enough law enforcement to the practice that individuals werent approached with felony prone demands... and hurt us by instigating a certain legislative response.

I think this movement may have some legs left yet, but small groups (<4) are still much more favorable than an army of carriers. It also might be wise to keep things subdued until after Brown has taken action on AB144.

Firemark

I think this movement may have some legs left yet, but small groups (<4) are still much more favorable than an army of carriers. It also might be wise to keep things subdued until after Brown has taken action on AB144.

Pretty much all our get togethers are small groups, and subdued, with no fanfare or media. Thanks for your concern.