• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry on tribal lands

Captain Nemo

This could be an interesting meeting. I hope they prepare minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You requested to be notified of the following legislative activities:

Subject: concealed carry
A study meeting has been scheduled by Special Committee on State-Tribal Relations (Legislative Council Committee). Date/time: September 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Location: Lake of the Torches Conference Center, Lac du Flambeau.
Meeting overview: . Organizational matters.

. Discussion of the following items:

o Intoxicated Driver Program: briefing by agency staff on the program and discussion of
options for increasing tribal participation, including use of tribal clinics for treatment
assessments.

o Tribal elders' transportation services: discussion of state funding for these services.

o Concealed carry of firearms: briefing by committee staff regarding the new state law on this
topic and its application in Indian Country.

o Addition of an off-reservation representative to the committee.

o Plans for future meetings: discussion of topics for the committee to study.

. Discussion of committee assignment.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I get email notification of all legislative activity.
----------------------------------------

fromWisconsinLegislature.Notification@legis.state.wi.us
todale@baldwin-telecom.net

dateWed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:44 AM
subjectNotification of Legislative Activity
So do I but all it said was:
  • Study Meeting Scheduled:
    • A study meeting has been scheduled by Special Committee on State-Tribal Relations (Legislative Council Committee). Date/time: September 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Location: Lake of the Torches Conference Center, Lac du Flambeau.
As I asked originally, where did you get the overview?

paul@paul-fisher.com

So do I but all it said was:As I asked originally, where did you get the overview?

Same place:

A study meeting has been scheduled by Special Committee on State-Tribal Relations (Legislative Council Committee). Date/time: September 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Location: Lake of the Torches Conference Center, Lac du Flambeau.
Meeting overview: . Organizational matters. . Discussion of the following items: o Intoxicated Driver Program: briefing by agency staff on the program and discussion of options for increasing tribal participation, including use of tribal clinics for treatment assessments. o Tribal elders' transportation services: discussion of state funding for these services. o Concealed carry of firearms: briefing by committee staff regarding the new state law on this topic and its application in Indian Country. o Addition of an off-reservation representative to the committee. o Plans for future meetings: discussion of topics for the committee to study. . Discussion of committee assignment.

MKEgal

Tribal lands are their own countries.
They can make & enforce their own rules.
It'd be nice if they agree to follow the provisions of WI Act 35, but they don't have to.