• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MN zoo

robdoar

Minnesota Zoo is a state agency, and cannot ban lawful carry. Though it may come in handy if another wolf escapes like in June.

I would expect to be visited by police if you open carried. Have your ducks in a row.

robdoar

I can't really speak for MN, but I OC'd at my local zoo with no problem in WA.

Washington = 50 year old carry law, quarter of a million permit holders, good firearms culture
Minnesota = 6 year old carry law, 86,000 permit holders, majority of metro ignorant about gun laws and will probably call police.

I'm NOT saying don't do it... but I would fully expect the Metro soccer moms to call 911, and you will be visited by DCSO, or Apple Valley Police.