• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carson City

decklin

Wayyyy outside the wire, like haze gray underway, or just on the beach supporting carrier flight operations from Bahrain, and other holes around the world. That's a past life, all retired now.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't want to start something but your comment made me laugh. We used to send our guys to Bahrain, Dubai and Qatar when they needed some rest & relaxation.

Last edited:

jbone

Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't want to start something but your comment made me laugh. We used to send our guys to Bahrain, Dubai and Qatar when they needed some rest & relaxation.

None taken, I saw it as the same, off the ship hit the ASU, cold bear and pizza at the desert Dome, and a hotel room vs. an 180 man berthing. Just happened to be where my squadron detachment from VRC-30 operated out of when in the gulf. My times there were post storm and pre freedom.

decklin

None taken, I saw it as the same, off the ship hit the ASU, cold bear and pizza at the desert Dome, and a hotel room vs. an 180 man berthing. Just happened to be where my squadron detachment from VRC-30 operated out of when in the gulf. My times there were post storm and pre freedom.

Sounds pretty cool.

Wobbles

We were under Navy command for this last tour to afgahn. Not bad to work for at all, they let us do our thing the way we knew it needed to be done. Pretty much said, "it's you're job, do it as you please as long as it's successful". So we did, and it was.:banana:
Had a couple higher ups roll out on one patrol. stopped for possible ied, lt cmdr said "what now", "we poke at it, if it goes boom, we know we found one". he left us to our business after that haha :lol:

amlevin

:eek: not very encouraging

When I was in the Service a Sergeant once told everyone "All you single guys put a nickel in a jar every time you get lucky. Then, after you get married, take a nickel out every time you and the wife have sex. You'll never empty the jar".

I thought he was crazy. Amazing how right those old Sergeants can be.