Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could use some help MOVING finally

Could use some help MOVING finally

I am finally movining out of the ghetto.Signinging papers on a Brownspoint duplex with waterfront view.2 bedroom additional patio off the matser bedroom,huge deck ,cathedral cielings (great for flying my toy helicoptors) Very cool. So I will need help moving saturday.Bill ,Jon Nick have committed so far could really use a couple extra hands and we could get it done in a couple of hours.I have reserved a 26' truck so it can be done all at once.
    The willow lake meet will have a different location next year.
    Last edited by DEROS72; 09-07-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Wish I was closer, glad you are improving you living situation.

Not that I'm close enough to assist, but have you figured out how to move your safe, how to move it without attracting everybody's attention, and how to secure it once you get it in?

Of course I'm presuming you have a enough toys to need a safe bigger than one of those tin boxes with a cable lock you hope will frustrate the preteen busting into your place/car.

Congrats on getting out of the really bad place. Do you really think the new place is "safe", or just "safer"?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I'd love to help but there's a gunshow in Enumclaw that I'll be working. Congratulations, though, on your new place Jim.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Does bookman get the second bedroom?
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

When?

Congratulations Jim! I am very happy to see you get out of there and into a much nicer, and I presume, safer place. I would help if I could, but have no vehicle and I am working. Please let the other guys do the heavy lifting and you take it easy. Our fall meet will have a new name!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    When?
    Jim is thinking around 10 to load up at Willow lake.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 09-07-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

I'm not able to offer any help, but congratulations on the upgrade! I hope the move goes smoothly and you enjoy the new place.

Thanks guys.Bill and I are picking up the truck at about 10AM so we will get started between 10 and 11 for those of you coming out.Wait untill you see my new place it is cool.I can get you all pizzas or something for lunch if you like as well.

on the subject of moving...

Due to an issue with my landlord, I had to move out on short notice. Because of this I have a Chocolate Lab and a Cat (gray tabby) that I need to find a temp or permanent home. I don't want to give them up but I haven't found a new place yet. My parents took me in until I can find a place.

I have a temp home for the Lab but I need to find one for the cat. She is a indoor/outdoor cat (litter box trained) and gets along with other animals very well. She is a rescue. When found in our yard she was the size of a Twinkie, we bottle fed her for a few months. She is now 5 years old and was raised with both cats and dogs. She is a great hunter of birds and mice. Anybody help??

ALSO..... Any body free on Thursday to help me move a upright piano? no stairs, just load on the trailer and off load into storage. Unless someone needs a piano then we can move it to your house.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Piano Movers is US

I can help as long as it's in the morning. PM me with the address so I can look up the directions.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Jim, I'm occupied until early afternoon Saturday with work, but once I'm free I'll give you a call to figure out if there's something I can help with at the unload-end.

Thanks G20 that would be appreciated and good to have you on board.Perhaps you could help us unload at the new place .I want to thank all you guys that are helping me out this saturday it sure is a welcome blessing.We are picking the truck up around 10 ishperhaps earlier.They open at 7.So we'll start loading at my old place around 10 ,10:30.Just think of it as another impromptu Willow lake meet coffee and donuts will be on me saturday morning.
    Last edited by DEROS72; 09-09-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Hey Jim,

Looks like I'll be able to lend a hand. I'll also have two hand truck that I'll bring as well.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks Jt much apprecaited.I rented a 26ft truck so we can get everthing in one trip.

I don't think I'll be able to make it..

Usually I'm on top of things like this, but my head isn't in the game this weekend...

Sooooooooooooooooooo, Mr. Deros72, couldn't wait for me, huh? All the begging I did toget the day off and you move without me! Well, I'm still in MT. and I'll see ya Tues.

Hey squeak,
    Just be here tomorrow at 10 am..I had a chance to get this done early so some of the guys have really stepped up to help me.I am most grateful
    So did you win a gun?? I heard Tom Brewster won a bigger oneWe'll miss you Squeak and your mis matched jami's
    Last edited by DEROS72; 09-10-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
    Well, I'm still in MT
    Not to thread hijack but where in MT you at? I am over here visiting too.

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    Thanks Jt much apprecaited.I rented a 26ft truck so we can get everthing in one trip.
    Will there be enough room for the hair products too
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Fairly decent turnout this morning. Thanks to Green, M1gunr, Gogodawgs, jt59, and G20IW24/7. It took us 3 hours to load the truck, but only 1 to empty it. Then we moved M1's upright piano. Considering the decrepit state of more than half the crew, it couldn't have been done without the timely assistance of Green, jt59, Gogodawgs and DEROS son-in-law. G20 was able to help at the end also.

You guys rock! Thanks for all of your help.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Fairly decent turnout this morning. Thanks to Green, M1gunr, Gogodawgs, jt59, and G20IW24/7. It took us 3 hours to load the truck, but only 1 to empty it. Then we moved M1's upright piano. Considering the decrepit state of more than half the crew, it couldn't have been done without the timely assistance of Green, jt59, Gogodawgs and DEROS son-in-law. G20 was able to help at the end also.

You guys rock! Thanks for all of your help.
    Thanks to all, Jim will probably be without internet for a day or so and he wishes to thank everyone as well. (STP)
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    (STP)
    Haha! Gogo, Jim called me to say how nice it was for you to bring the rap music to his place, so he would feel right at-home!

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Not to thread hijack but where in MT you at? I am over here visiting too.
    About 1/4" S of Whitehall. Heading home about noon or so Mon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast