• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Could use some help MOVING finally

DEROS72

I am finally movining out of the ghetto.Signinging papers on a Brownspoint duplex with waterfront view.2 bedroom additional patio off the matser bedroom,huge deck ,cathedral cielings (great for flying my toy helicoptors) Very cool. So I will need help moving saturday.Bill ,Jon Nick have committed so far could really use a couple extra hands and we could get it done in a couple of hours.I have reserved a 26' truck so it can be done all at once.
The willow lake meet will have a different location next year.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not that I'm close enough to assist, but have you figured out how to move your safe, how to move it without attracting everybody's attention, and how to secure it once you get it in?

Of course I'm presuming you have a enough toys to need a safe bigger than one of those tin boxes with a cable lock you hope will frustrate the preteen busting into your place/car.

Congrats on getting out of the really bad place. Do you really think the new place is "safe", or just "safer"?

stay safe.

Ruby

Congratulations Jim!:banana: I am very happy to see you get out of there and into a much nicer, and I presume, safer place. I would help if I could, but have no vehicle and I am working. Please let the other guys do the heavy lifting and you take it easy. Our fall meet will have a new name!

boosteddreams

I'm not able to offer any help, but congratulations on the upgrade! I hope the move goes smoothly and you enjoy the new place. :)

DEROS72

Thanks guys.Bill and I are picking up the truck at about 10AM so we will get started between 10 and 11 for those of you coming out.Wait untill you see my new place it is cool.I can get you all pizzas or something for lunch if you like as well.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
on the subject of moving...

Due to an issue with my landlord, I had to move out on short notice. Because of this I have a Chocolate Lab and a Cat (gray tabby) that I need to find a temp or permanent home. I don't want to give them up but I haven't found a new place yet. My parents took me in until I can find a place.

I have a temp home for the Lab but I need to find one for the cat. She is a indoor/outdoor cat (litter box trained) and gets along with other animals very well. She is a rescue. When found in our yard she was the size of a Twinkie, we bottle fed her for a few months. She is now 5 years old and was raised with both cats and dogs. She is a great hunter of birds and mice. Anybody help??

ALSO..... Any body free on Thursday to help me move a upright piano? no stairs, just load on the trailer and off load into storage. Unless someone needs a piano then we can move it to your house.

G20-IWB24/7

Jim, I'm occupied until early afternoon Saturday with work, but once I'm free I'll give you a call to figure out if there's something I can help with at the unload-end.

DEROS72

Thanks G20 that would be appreciated and good to have you on board.Perhaps you could help us unload at the new place .I want to thank all you guys that are helping me out this saturday it sure is a welcome blessing.We are picking the truck up around 10 ishperhaps earlier.They open at 7.So we'll start loading at my old place around 10 ,10:30.Just think of it as another impromptu Willow lake meet coffee and donuts will be on me saturday morning.

Last edited:

DEROS72

Thanks Jt much apprecaited.I rented a 26ft truck so we can get everthing in one trip.

TechnoWeenie

I don't think I'll be able to make it..

Usually I'm on top of things like this, but my head isn't in the game this weekend...

Squeak

Sooooooooooooooooooo, Mr. Deros72, couldn't wait for me, huh? All the begging I did toget the day off and you move without me! Well, I'm still in MT. and I'll see ya Tues.

DEROS72

Hey squeak,
Just be here tomorrow at 10 am.:p.I had a chance to get this done early so some of the guys have really stepped up to help me.I am most grateful
So did you win a gun?? I heard Tom Brewster won a bigger one:banana:We'll miss you Squeak and your mis matched jami's

Last edited: