• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long to process a Utah permit?

Glockface

Have any of you applied for a Utah permit? I was wondering how long it takes Utah to process the paper work?

jpm84092

I did a check before leaving UT for WI, and last week, the average time was 44 days from receipt of application to issuance of a permit - + time in the mail. Thus for my students in my most recent class, if you get your UT Permit Application into the mail this week, you will likely have your UT permit before you can submit your WI Permit Application.

Packfanatic

I did a check before leaving UT for WI, and last week, the average time was 44 days from receipt of application to issuance of a permit - + time in the mail. Thus for my students in my most recent class, if you get your UT Permit Application into the mail this week, you will likely have your UT permit before you can submit your WI Permit Application.

Mailed mine out 06 Sept 11 Priority mail with delivery confirmation so post office does nt lose it ( I hope LOL)!!Thanks again !! you rock !

Mlutz

Mine was 64 days from sending it out, until it hit my mailbox.

Outdoorsman1

Mailed mine on 8/4/11

Card Charged on 8/13/11

Have not checked the mail yet today.... 9/8/111

Tic - Toc... Tic - Toc...

Outdoorsman1

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
They charged my credit card today as well. Hoping it comes in before 11/1. Would be nice to have it, otherwise I guess I'll be waiting to apply for my WI

Outdoorsman1

It came today.....

Copied from my earlier paot in the thread...

Mailed mine on 8/4/11

Card Charged on 8/13/11

Have not checked the mail yet today.... 9/8/111

Tic - Toc... Tic - Toc...

Outdoorsman1

My Utah Pemit was in my mailbox today......10/3/11 exactly one day lacking two a months since I mailed it....

:banana: :banana: :monkey :monkey

:D :D :lol: :lol:

Yeeeeee Haaawwww........

On a personal note... I want to THANK The Yellow Cat W/ the M4 (Jim) for all of his unselfish time spent is helping me reach this point of being a UTAH STATE CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT HOLDER....

Did I say ....Yeeeeeeee Haaawwww...

No wait.... lets dance.....:banana: :monkey

Time to reset the clock for Nov. 1....

Tic-Toc.... Tic-Toc

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Vandil

Yeeeeee Haaawwww........

Did I say ....Yeeeeeeee Haaawwww...

No wait....

gal_cars_dukes-of-hazzard.jpg

Congrats on the paper and smooth sailing for the WI permit process.

jpm84092

Glad I Could Help

On a personal note... I want to THANK The Yellow Cat W/ the M4 (Jim) for all of his unselfish time spent is helping me reach this point of being a UTAH STATE CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT HOLDER.... Outdoorsman1

Congratulations on your Utah non-resident Concealed Firearm Permit. This will provide you with a good path to obtaining a WI permit as well as being able to carry in 2/3 of the USA should you be so inclined, regardless of which states recognize the WI permit.

I was happy to be of service, but I think my greatest service to you came during NRA marksmanship exercises when I determined that your new glasses had distorted your usual view of the front sight and caused your shot placement to be centered, but consistently low and off target, due to the newly distorted view of the front sight caused by your new glasses. After we found the "sweet spot" in your new glasses, you gave me some pretty good groups. (I had never encountered this before so it took me some time to diagnose what was wrong and I am glad I stayed with it. I have shared your story in some of the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Courses I have been an assistant instructor for and the instructor candidates as well as some of the more experienced instructors took notes.)

I have since learned that some brands of shooting glasses, particularly those with highly curved surfaces, can cause some distortion as well.

Carry on ... Yellow Cat Out.